What makes a company scalable
Scaling - Definition
Kraus & Partner - Lexicon - economic terms simply explained
Definition and explanation of the management term "scaling":The term "Scaling“Describes a change in size. It is derived from the Italian word "scalae" for stairs.
In the IT sector, for example, one speaks of one Scaling or scalability, if a software solution with minor modifications can also be transferred to other fields of application or problem areas.
Scaling or scalability of business modelsThe business models of companies can also be scalable - i.e. expandable. For example to other places or countries; Business fields or industries. Like these Scaling takes place is initially secondary. It can take place, for example, by expanding the product range, setting up additional branches or setting up a franchise system.
Scaling of procedures, problem solvingIn connection with (in-house) used methods, procedures or problem solutions, one often speaks of them Scaling or scalability. An example of this. Suppose a company wants to increase its agility and it has already had positive experiences with the agile working methods in some smaller teams. Then the question of scalability comes down to:
- To what extent can the agile working methods / methods be transferred to more or larger (cross-departmental) teams (or even to the entire company)?
- How can the collaboration between the agile teams be coordinated and controlled? And:
- How can the efficiency gain achieved, for example, be determined?
Horizontal versus vertical ScalingFrom a vertical Scaling One speaks when, for example, more teams than before that perform similar or related tasks (e.g. software development) in the value chain of a company, for example practice agile working methods.
From a horizontal Scaling on the other hand, one speaks when the agile working methods are also extended to other tasks in the value chain of a company.
consultation ScalingThe management consultancy Dr. If desired, Kraus & Partner supports companies in scaling their business models and solving problems. In addition, she regularly leads open (and in-house) seminars on the subject of agile Scaling by,
K&P Consultant Video: Strategy Development - Strategy Schools
More information about "Scaling":
- How can I book a ticket online?
- How will Trump not be charged
- What screams I'm new to California
- Which is the strongest currency in Asia
- What is a wonderful thing
- Are house cats really nocturnal?
- When a Pokemon dies of old age
- Smoking 4 cigarettes a day badly
- Which cigarette does not affect our health
- What definition of lead generation
- Singapore has an illegal immigration problem
- How does obesity affect asthma
- What is the dirtiest business area in Singapore
- What is infty frac 1 infty
- What do Malaysians think of Kazakhstan
- Dear foreigners Singapore
- Nuclear reactors are noisy machines
- How long have you recovered from anorexia
- What makes a video game profitable
- Is Xi Jinping China's Hitler
- How does LDL cause hypertension and diabetes
- Difference between supervisor and team leader
- What does it mean to reject the null hypothesis
- What is triglycerides
- Can dark matter be captured
- Will Instagram ever remove inactive accounts?
- Can i be a witch
- What does technical sales representative mean
- What is the deadliest disease of all time
- What percentage of soldiers died in the First World War?
- What is a bad result of greed
- How Much Whey Protein Should You Ingest?
- The placebo effect could work the other way round
- Why is Putin popular in Russia