What are data types in c
3. C data types
For the processing of information in a program, places (variables) must be reserved in the memory of the computer to receive this information. Before these variables can be used, they must first be declared. This happens at the beginning of a function before any executable statements. The declaration describes the properties of variables and consists of a type specification and a list of variables (names) which then have this type. e.g .:int a, b; float x, y; char ch;
Here is a list of all elementary numeric variable types available in C:
|character||char||1||-128 .. 127|
|unsigned character||unsigned char||1||0 .. 255|
|integrity||int||2||-32 768 .. 32 767|
|short integer||short||2||-32 768 .. 32 767|
|long integer||long||4||-2 147 483 648 .. 2 147 483 647|
|unsigned integer||unsigned int||2||0 .. 65 535|
|unsigned short integer||unsigned short||2||0 .. 65 535|
|unsigned long integer||unsigned long||4||0 .. 4 294 967 295|
|single-precision floating-point (7 digits)||float||4||1.17E-38 .. 3.4E38|
|double-precision floating-point (19 digits)||double||8||2.2E-308 .. 1.8E308|
Variable names must obey the following rules:
- The name can consist of letters, numbers and the underscore _. At least the first 31 characters of a name are significant. Variable names are usually written in lower case in C.
- The first character must be a letter. The underscore is considered a letter, but it should not be used in the first place.
- The reserved words of the C programming language cannot be used as variable names.
In addition to the actual variables for which a change in value is permitted, "constant variables" can also be declared in C that no longer allow the value to be changed. The general formula looks like this:
ConstantsIn addition to variables, constant values are often used in the program. A constant value is a fixed expression that cannot be changed. Constants are used to assign values to variables or as parts of expressions. For example, the expression only consists of constants, while in a variable (x) and a constant occur.
Floating point constants
Both the notation and can be used for floating point constants. Valid constants are:
Character constants are enclosed in apostrophes. Characters that cannot be printed or are not available on the keyboard are specified as escape sequences.
Data type conversionsIn contrast to other programming languages, data types in C can be converted into one another. In C, casts are either implicitly or explicitly performed using a special construct. In a mixed expression, a type conversion is carried out implicitly in such a way that an attempt is made to convert to the largest type of the expression. The type order is:
The rules for converting are:
- Is an operator long double, the other will also be in long double transformed.
- Is an operator double, the other will also be in double transformed.
- Is an operator float, the other will also be in float transformed.
- Otherwise it will be char and short in int changed.
- If then one of the operands long is, the other is in long changed.
Which operators are there in C?
- Which spiritual teacher has inspired you the most
- How does xenophobia affect South Africa?
- What did the ancient Chinese look like?
- Why does the light bend towards the gravitational field
- What are Marketing Segmentation Strategies
- What are affiliate movies
- What was your moment when you came to God
- What are 10 examples of simple machines
- How do I learn for knowledge
- How can I feel beautiful
- To what extent does Schopenhauer influence Nietzsche
- How do I write a paragraph faster
- What is considered American literature
- What problem does pushers solve
- How many cups are there in a liter
- How open is Brown's open curriculum
- What's the problem of the problems
- How much are aluminum pennies worth
- Which country is best for job seekers
- To whom do celestial bodies belong
- Why are self-help books so popular
- How safe is Baku to visit Azerbaijan
- Can someone run FIFA on Windows 10?
- How to lose weight after pregnancy