How did the biggest brand logos come about?
That's what happens when we paint well-known brand logos out of our heads
How well do we actually know the logos of globally known brands? Not as good as we think, according to a study by Signs.com.
When we think of big companies like Apple, Burger King or Adidas, we have the corresponding logo right in front of our eyes. But can we also paint these out of our heads? In a study, 150 Americans were asked to draw the 10 most famous logos of companies in the United States:
- Burger King
- Foot locker
In total, 1,500 drawings were created, some of which were very amusing. The following diagrams show the top 3 (Appel, Domino’s and Starbucks). The drawings that are furthest away from the original can be found in the upper left area. In the lower right area, however, the most precise results are placed.
About 20 percent of the study participants were able to draw an almost perfect drawing of the Apple logo from their memory.
Only 16 percent of the participants were able to draw the Domino’s logo almost perfectly. 55 percent forgot the apostrophe.
Starbucks was a number too high for the study participants: only 6 percent drew the logo almost correctly. 31 percent drew the old logo and 55 percent only drew the mermaid but forgot the tail.
The summarized results
The Swedish furniture store IKEA took first place in the study. 30 percent of the participants drew the logo almost perfectly. This puts IKEA ahead of Target and Apple. The Foot Locker and Starbucks logos occupy the last two places. Many of the study participants drew the Foot Locker referee with a hat, and over half did not believe that the Starbucks mermaid wore a crown.
The key message of the study: The more complex a logo is, the more difficult it is to get it out of your head.
Passionate online marketer, avid gamer and early adopter of new technologies. Editorial focus: SEO as well as trends and news from the OM scene.
- What does full-time course mean
- How to test a Nerf gun
- How fast is a nuclear submarine
- It makes you weak to be kind
- What is six pack nursing
- Why are 12 year olds so hated?
- Is Xi Jinping China's Hitler
- How can Singapore's economy improve
- How is the culture of China
- Will electric planes have a future?
- How do ad exchange and SSP work
- Is feminism versus gender equality
- Is China bigger than the USA?
- Are apple seeds classified as dangerous
- How do I buy a real gun
- How does the government make money
- How is the military changing you
- How romantic do you feel right now
- Salazar Slytherin had some good points
- What is the best school in london
- How do linear data structures work
- What is the advantage of the crypto currency
- What are some examples of neo-colonialism
- How does NBFC do affiliate marketing