What is brisk walking
Fast walking is as healthy as jogging
Many already know that jogging is good for your health. But not everyone likes to go running. There is now a good alternative for all non-joggers, because fast walking has a similarly positive effect on health as jogging. Regardless of whether you are running or walking fast: Physical exercise can reduce the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes, with fast walking being even more effective against high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. This is the conclusion reached by Paul T. Williams and his research team from the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, who carried out a study on this.
To achieve the positive effects, you should walk for at least 20 to 30 minutes at a speed between 5 and 7 kilometers per hour in everyday life. The pulse should be brought up to the age-appropriate maximum. This is calculated from the number 180 minus the respective age. Office workers in particular should treat themselves to a balance after sitting for a long time.
To the study
The California research team studied 33,000 runners and 15,000 walkers between the ages of 18 and 80 for the American Heart Association. The distance covered by runners and walkers and the risk of chronic diseases were compared. Both types of movement require the same muscle parts, explains Paul T. Williams to welt.de, just with different intensities. Therefore, they are both suitable for maintaining and promoting health.
Source: welt.de ,heil24h.de
Text: Katharina Kehler
- What do wild turtles eat in ponds
- What is SAS Grid
- What is the meaning of life 66
- How does an ad impression work
- What is worse anorexia or bulimia
- Michael Landon was a Christian
- What is the Redmi Note 5 Pro
- How is dysgraphia different from dyspraxia
- What is steam iron
- What if the eczema is left untreated
- Why does sound go through walls
- What is HR mapping
- How deep are moon craters
- How right is Trump about China
- Why is time a paradox
- Why do you hate Queen Elizabeth II
- Do you have a short answer?
- Can Freon catch fire
- Who are some pretty thai women
- Amazon delivers after 9 p.m.
- Is Singapore more developed than Great Britain
- How is COEP Pune for CSE
- What is my meaning in your life
- How do you factor polynomials