Why is everyone so wrong
12 theories of how we became humans and why they are all wrong
Man is a work of art! So far, everyone agrees. But what exactly lifts the homo sapiens from other animals, especially from monkeys, and when and how did our ancestors acquire that certain something? A wide variety of theories have emerged on this in the last century. However, some of them reveal more about the time in which they were set up than about human evolution.
1. We make tools: "It is the making of tools that makes us unique," wrote anthropologist Kenneth Oakley in an article in 1944. “Monkeys use found objects as tools,” he explains, “but shaping sticks and stones for specific purposes was the first recognizable human activity.” In the early 1960s, Louis Leakey wrote the beginning of toolmaking, and with it mankind , a species called Homo habilis ("Skillful man") who lived in East Africa around 2.8 million years ago. But researchers like Jane Goodall have now shown that chimpanzees also shape sticks for specific purposes, for example by removing the leaves to poke for insects in the ground. Even crows without hands are very skilled.
2. We are murderers: According to anthropologist Raymond Dart, our ancestors differed from monkeys in that they were known to be killers. Carnivorous creatures who "forcibly seized living victims, beat them to death, tore their destroyed bodies apart, removed limb by limb, quenched their cruel thirst with the warm blood of the victims and greedily devoured the raw flesh." It sounds like lurid junk literature, but after the terrible horrors of World War II, Dart's article on the "killer ape" theory in 1953 was very well received.
- How much does WordPress hosting cost
- How are statistics good for football?
- Prefer Xbox or PlayStation
- What are typical sales
- What is the difference between China and Taiwan
- What makes death eternal but not life
- What do you think of Dyson
- Why are humans so cruel to cats?
- Can The Keto Diet Make You Sick
- Should Arsenal sell Mesut Ozil and why
- How can I get free hosting
- Web development is a dying career
- Who discovered the cell?
- Who are the best female chess players
- Why is Walmart the evil empire
- What happens when your child turns 18
- Smart people often question their sanity
- Cow's milk takes longer to digest
- Sells original Amazon products
- Should Donald Trump be charged
- Why does my navel smell like poop?
- Why are banks closed on federal holidays
- What does a forced smile look like
- What's more important than love