How does water increase the heart rate
Can Drinking Water Lower Blood Pressure?
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a disease that affects almost every third person in Germany. If the blood pressure is too high for a long period of time, dangerous secondary diseases can develop. Untreated high blood pressure can lead to diseases such as strokes, kidney failure or heart attacks. Only drug treatment can help against high blood pressure. But also an additional support of the medication by drinking enough water should lower the blood pressure in the long term.
A lack of water causes high blood pressure
Those who constantly supply too little water to their body increase the risk of suffering from high blood pressure. The blood cells and cells in the human body need water to function properly. If enough of this does not reach the blood cells, they shrink in order to still be full. Conversely, the tension in the arteries increases. This increase in tension ultimately causes high blood pressure. The body tries to adapt to the lack of water, but of course the high blood pressure cannot remedy it.
If a diagnosis of high blood pressure is made, patients are often treated with so-called diuretics. These drain the body, have a diuretic effect and thus reduce the pressure in the vessels due to the loss of fluid. Conversely, hypertension patients often assume that they should drink less in order to achieve a similar effect. However, the opposite is true. It is even essential to drink water if you have high blood pressure, as the dehydrating effect of the tablets can dry out the body more quickly. This is to be avoided.
Too high blood pressure: those affected should be aware of this
Those affected who regularly measure their blood pressure themselves should wait around half an hour before taking the measurement, provided they have drunk a large amount of water beforehand. Research results show that blood pressure rises noticeably when the body is given about half a liter of water within a short period of time. The reason for this is the contraction of the blood pressure vessels. After half an hour, however, the blood pressure drops again and the measured values are meaningful.
Which water for high blood pressure?
In principle, one should pay attention to the daily amount of table salt that is consumed with food and drinks in order to lower the risk of high blood pressure. Sodium in combination with chloride, i.e. salt, draws water from the cells, which, as described above, promotes high blood pressure. People who already suffer from high blood pressure should not only pay attention to the salt content of various foods, but also to that of the drinking water. Even though table salt is essential for the human body, it should only be consumed in small amounts. High blood pressure patients are advised not to exceed a daily sodium intake of five grams per day.
Regardless of whether it is purchased drinking water or tap water - the sodium content should therefore be as low as possible. To be considered low in sodium, water must not exceed a salt content of 20 milligrams per liter.
- How can I make new friends 3
- What are the Product Manager's KPIs
- What is it like to feel happy?
- What is y mx + c
- What causes darkening after smoking weed
- Why is Socrates the best philosopher
- What is 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 +
- Why does copper expand more than iron?
- What is contemporary organizational behavior
- Is information overload real
- Sydney Australia is a coastal city
- Chinese people actually eat strange animals
- How do I check RSS feed data
- Should we focus on today or tomorrow
- A laser mouse can injure your eyes
- Why is Drarry a good couple
- Most Malaysians support Palestine
- Can the US President carry a gun?
- Why does nobody care about human nutrition?
- What is buyback of shares 2
- Can I join the SAS directly?
- How borderline personality disorder BPD is diagnosed
- What is the best import super car
- Chewing sugar-free gum increases my insulin
- How powerful was J Edgar Hoover
- What is it like to be caught shoplifting
- Who are the speedsters of the superhero comics
- Will Donald Trump's GOP overtake the Senate
- Is the smell of poop harmful
- What are the benefits of K 12
- What are some breathtaking archaeological discoveries
- Can vegetarians eat tuna
- Why can anything make me happy?
- Why do many people call football football?