What is the definition of 1 volt
The volt is the derived SI unit of electrical voltage with the unit symbol V. The volt is named after the Italian physicist Alessandro Volta.
The electrical voltage of one volt between two points of a homogeneous, evenly tempered line conductor is present when the power of one watt is converted between these two points with a stationary current of one ampere.
The following applies in formula symbols: "Voltage is work capacity per amount of charge"
International is the symbol for tension E., in the Anglo-Saxon-speaking area also often one V (Voltage).
Since the above definition can hardly be used as an exact reference in practice, one volt has been determined since 1990 using the Josephson effect and the Josephson constant, the reciprocal of the magnetic flux quantum. This constant is:
- = 4,835979 1014 Hz / V
This means that the definition of one volt for reference measurements can be traced back to a very precise frequency measurement (time measurement).
Previously the definition of one volt was derived from the Weston normal element. This element delivers an electrical voltage of at a temperature of exactly 20 ° C
- UN = 1.01865 V.
Decimal multiples and parts of volts
See also prefixes for units of measure.
One kilovolt, kV, corresponds to 1,000 volts: 1 kV = 103 V. It is used especially in power engineering for high voltages.
One millivolt, abbreviated mV, corresponds to the thousandth of a volt: 1 mV = 10-3 V or 0.001 V. This sub-unit is used in electronics, which also work with low voltages.
- Electricity - an overview of the subject
Categories: SI unit | Electric unit
- What are some reviews of IQ Option
- Can Muslims be Freemasons?
- How do I get free WordPress hosting
- Easy money is really possible
- What does an established coronary artery disease mean?
- What's wrong with some teenagers in Australia
- Who are the leading cancer researchers
- Is Canadian Provincial Nominee Immigration Services legitimate
- Why didn't Voldemort make a Gryffindor Horcrux
- Are the Germans nice
- Is violence a new form of nationalism
- How does eating sugar increase weight
- Why is the temperature measured at the airport
- Is Putrajaya Kuala Lumpur worth seeing
- Why is there no life manual
- What is the best casino to play with
- How do you feel about working remotely?
- Can British detectives carry guns
- Is Netflix a profitable company
- Are people happy to be happy
- Adam Smith was an ethical egoist
- Is God almighty, omniscient and almighty
- How is the JEE network result displayed
- Why can't God speak for himself?
- Causes Horlick's cancer
- What are the problems in the UAE
- Do real investing apps like Wealthfront work?
- How expensive is Chinese food in Singapore
- How rare is a penny from 1952
- Why do we make money
- What is a consulate versus an embassy
- How does health increase
- What English accent should Indians learn
- Elon Musk has children