What meat do the Vietnamese traditionally eat
Top 10 most popular Vietnamese dishes
Vietnamese cuisine thrives on its street kitchens. Exotic fruits arouse curiosity, the wok hisses seductively and the aromas of roasted spices fill your nose. Stalls invite you to try things on every corner. Enjoy Vietnam with all your senses!
1. Goi Cuon (summer rolls) or Cha Gio (fried spring rolls)
As the name suggests, summer rolls are an ideal dish for mild summer evenings. In contrast to the fried variant, the prepared filling made of many individual ingredients is only wrapped in the soft, thin travel paper and eaten without any other side dishes. The filling is salads, fresh mint, coriander and other herbs, cucumber, rice noodles and shrimps, among others. in question. You are welcome to vary here to your heart's content.
2. Pho Bo or Pho Ga - soup made in Vietnam
Certainly the most famous dish in Vietnam - fresh hot soup with noodles of your choice and lots of fresh herbs, with beef (Bo) or chicken (Ga) depending on your taste. The well-kept secret recipe of every family and every shop for the broth as the starting point for an excellent soup is kept secret, but what is certain is that roasted star anise, ginger, onions, cinnamon and black cardamom are used. For breakfast, the soups are always a good alternative to the American or European breakfast and whoever stepped off a moped in the mountains soaked through, will appreciate the hot bowl of soup forever.
Impress those who stayed at home with professional holiday pictures ... we recommend this photo tour for the skilful use of light and technology!
3. Banh Mi
The baguettes, relic of French colonial rule and THE fast food dish in Vietnam are very popular with young and old and especially with travelers. They are topped with fresh herbs, pickled pickles, optionally with fried eggs, grilled meat, Vietnamese meat sausage or liver pâté and as a topping you can choose between different sauces that really add pep to the crunchy sandwich.
4. Banh Xeo - Vietnamese pancakes
The Vietnamese version of the hearty filled pancake or crêpes. The filling consists of pork, shrimp, spring onions and bean sprouts. The rice flour dough is colored with turmeric and the crispy pancake is dipped into the prepared fish sauce.
5. Bun Cha
At least achieved cult status since the US President tried the dish in a bistro in Hanoi in May 2016. Freshly grilled pork is served with rice noodles and herbs, as well as fish sauce.
6. Cau Lau
A specialty in Hoi An. The udon-like noodle is served with a little soy sauce, marinated and braised meat, and herbs from the nearby Hoi An village of Tra Que. The highlight is the crispy pork rind.
7. Hot Pot - Vietnam's fondue
A well-known and popular dish throughout Asia is the so-called hot pot, which is very similar to our fondue with broth (Fondue Chinoise). The ingredients are extremely diverse. The variations made from seafood and with beef are particularly popular.
8. Bun Bo Hue
The popular Hue style rice noodles. However, you should like and tolerate spicy food. Traditionally, wider rice noodles are cut into slices, a kind of pork knuckle is served and everything is served with Thai basil.
9. Ca Kho To
A specialty originally from the Mekong Delta, but now popular and widespread throughout Vietnam. Fish is caramelized in a clay pot. Recently there is also a variant with pork.
10. Rau muong xao toi
A dish similar to simple home cooking: water spinach is tossed in a hot wok with garlic and served with other dishes on the generously laid table.
Get to know Vietnamese cuisine on a cooking class right in Hanoi!
Here you can find a link to the Vietnam cookbook authors H. and S. Leistner, who run the Asia Street Food blog with lots of great recipes to cook at home.
- How does cryptography use math
- What do foreigners think of the Filipinos?
- Kills Hindi other Indian languages
- Should I start lifting weights when I was 14?
- What is special about muons
- How useful is a webinar for marketing
- What is algorithm notation
- What do we call a dollar sign
- The ancient Greeks and Romans were white
- Are the British patriotic
- What is general science
- Is a swiffer good for wooden floors
- Can people manipulate lightning
- How do I find ideas on blog topics
- Jealousy is inevitable in polyamorous relationships
- How will Donald Trump win re-election
- What is your ideal week like
- What makes Myanmar better than Thailand
- Adults or children should eat first
- Why don't magnetic motors work
- What is the Easiest Artificial Intelligent Program
- Can international students work in New Zealand?
- Lead Maggi to cancer
- Why do people eat processed foods