How can I index the backlinks of course
How to build good backlinks over the long term
If you ask SEO experts, most of them agree: backlinks play the biggest role in search engine ranking. Backlinks are difficult to manipulate, making them an excellent index for search engines to find out how popular a website actually is. The more links lead to a website, the more important it is to search engines.
In this post I will tell you what is important when it comes to backlinks and how you can build good backlinks in a targeted manner.
Why a backlink is not always a backlink
Google loves backlinks. But not all backlinks. Because pretty soon when it became known that Google sorts search results according to the number of backlinks, there were people who deliberately misused it. Search engine optimizers created artificial links and thus started a manipulation trade. There were so-called link farms, where cheap labor posted tons of links in forums. Over time, the links were automatically generated and published on blog networks.
But Google wasn't stupid. They adapted their algorithms in 2011 (Google Panda) and 2012 (Google Penguin) and thus destroyed the work of the link farms. Individual websites like BuildmyRank were completely deindexed by Google and lost their business model overnight. Today, Google pays very close attention to the quality of external links and penalizes websites that buy links.
Of course, this cannot always be proven, but in the long run it is only a matter of time before Google comes up with an even smarter algorithm. So it's not worth working against Google; rather rely on good backlinks.
5 indicators of good backlinks
The relevance of a backlink is determined on the one hand by the content of the linked page and the content of the anchor text. An anchor text is nothing more than the words highlighted in red in this blog post. These anchor texts help the search engines to find out what the link is relevant for and what it should be found for.
If different people link to www.takeoffpr.com/backlinksaufbauen, use different anchor texts. E.g. "good backlink tips" or "Sam's great backlink strategy". Actually a great system, because these descriptions (anchor texts) are written by real people and do so relatively unaffected. Therefore, your links should never read "click here" by the way.
2. Local popularity
Unless you're a huge corporation, most of your website visitors come from a specific region. And this is how it should look with the links: Links from the same country and on the same topic are more credible for Google than purchased links from e.g. India, which have absolutely nothing to do with your industry.
3. Trustworthy Pages
It is believed that up to 60% of all pages on the Internet are spam. In order to fish out the relevant content, search engines measure the backlinks to trustworthy sites. Sites like universities, government websites, and NGOs are particularly trustworthy sites. Links from such pages increase the so-called trust rank of your website.
The more up-to-date your backlinks are, the better. However, it is quite natural that even popular websites will receive fewer links after a while. For search engines this is a sign that the page does not offer any current content. It is therefore necessary that you regularly add new content to your website. Many use a blog for this because it is easy to update.
5. Social media
Although search engines rate links from social media platforms differently than links from websites, they are still included in the ranking. So it pays to link to your website on social media. We have had our best experience blogging on Twitter and LinkedIn.
How to build good backlinks
First of all, you should check how many links you currently have. If you use HubSpot, you can find this information conveniently in your dashboard under Reports Home> Links. A free alternative is the Majestic Backlink Checker.
Write down the number of backlinks and set a goal for yourself. For example: "I want to have 100 new backlinks this year." (As you can see, good backlinks take time). After that, use the following tactics.
Backlinks from friends and business partners
The first and easiest way to get backlinks is to ask friends or business partners if you want to backlink them. However, you should be careful that you only consider trustworthy sites (see above). You shouldn't link each other too often either. Google notices this very quickly and then there are penalties.
- An ideal example: An enthusiastic customer writes a blog post about your company and links to your website. In return, you put a testimonial on your website, which links to the customer.
Video: What to look for in backlinks from friends and business partners
Backlinks from local listings
Google loves websites that are regionally oriented. As mentioned above, such links give your company credibility and improve your search engine ranking.
- Tip: Check whether your company is already listed in popular directories such as Herold, FirmenABC and Google Locations. Here is a list of over 50 online local business listings.
Find mentions not yet linked
It is quite possible that your company and your products are already featured in articles or press releases without a link to your website. You should therefore be on the lookout for mentions of your company.
- Tip: Create notifications on Google Alerts. Every time your company is mentioned on the internet, you will receive an email notification.
Every time you publish something new on your website, search engines notice it. The job of Google is to provide visitors with the latest and greatest information. If you regularly write high quality articles, Google will send you a lot of traffic. A well-written blog post will also encourage many readers to backlink them with a recommendation to read.
When you write a blog article, you should also link to other relevant articles from your industry. Best on websites with high authority. If you are lucky, these pages will link back to your website.
These blog posts are particularly good for building backlinks:
- Create a best of list from your industry
- Conduct an interview with a thought leader in your industry
- Create crowdsourced content such as a survey
Write on other platforms and blogs
Look for other high quality websites in your industry that you can guest post on. You should know the website well so that you can write for the readers. Include useful links in your guest post that lead to your website.
- Tip: Team up with another blog and write guest posts to each other. You will both benefit from a new audience. And from some backlinks :)
Building good backlinks takes time. While there are many ways to get backlinks, you should never buy backlinks. However, if you make the effort and put high quality content on your website, you will be rewarded by Google and get a lot of traffic. And backlinks.
- How many satellites does Jupiter have
- How do I do the directory submission
- What is an online discussion forum
- Light experiences a time dilation
- Which theme should I use in WordPress
- Is nationalism a political ideology
- Why are figs not considered vegan
- Indian diet for bodybuilding
- Can we solve MCQ questions with probability?
- Wordpress 2018 is still growing
- What prevents second hand smoking
- Which metal is best for cooking utensils
- What do discord symbols mean
- How to make tough cookies soft
- Is BMSIT good for CSE
- Which universities offer courses on entrepreneurship?
- Is Juice Plus Bio
- Dark matter could have an electromagnetic field
- Are you for or against homosexuality
- Is Meghan Markle a social climber
- Should public schools teach social media marketing
- Why are tumors deadly
- Why am I happy alone?
- What is Walmart
- What is 6 2 2 2 3
- Must the passport be renewed
- How does an ad impression work
- What are the best binary options webinars
- How about your perfect day
- What am I feeling right now
- What does an established coronary artery disease mean?
- Vacuum takes up space