Immovable object and unstoppable force that wins
Without loss of sentences! American celebrates first tournament victory
What a tournament week! Jennifer Brady won her first Tour title at the well-attended WTA tournament in Lexington on Sunday afternoon. In phenomenal form, the American defeated Jil Teichmann 6: 3, 6: 4.
With only 17 game losses in the final
Brady had only let her opponents win 17 games on the way to the final. 6: 2, 6: 1 against Watson, 6: 2, 6: 3 against Linette, 6: 1, 6: 2 against Bouzkova and 6: 2, 6: 4 against Gauff. The successful run of the 25-year-olds this week reads really impressive. But in the final there was another player who walked into the final in Lexington without losing a set: Jil Teichmann. The Swiss woman left no chance in her hunt for WTA title number three, including Williams conqueror Shelby Rogers with 6: 2, 6: 3.
So what happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object? In the case of Brady and Teichmann, there was no straight answer. Everything stayed in line for a long time until the American secured the first break to 5: 3. Despite the weak service rate, but with brute forehands, Brady managed the passage with some effort and the fifth set ball wrapped up.
Tournament victory helps Brady on US Open seeding list
The world number 49 secured itself from where it had left off. also in the second round the first break to 2-0. Teichmann chased this deficit for the whole set, but could not earn a breakball. At 5: 4 Brady then won her match point in complete sovereignty and then celebrated the very first individual triumph at a WTA tournament in her career.
With her victory, Brady moves up to 40th place in the world rankings and can look forward to a new top placement and a place on the seeding list at the US Open. Jil Teichmann returns to her best 54 position so far after reaching the finals.
(imago images / ZUMA Press)
»To the articles by Maximilian Bohne
- What is the spiritual meaning of 69
- What is App Store Optimization
- Should nationalism override humanity
- What is a computer application
- Which American cities are the most British
- What age group do children fall into
- How can I deal with my stepfather
- Which Facebook Ads Are Most Effective
- How do I find direct partners
- Can men wear female sweatpants?
- Sorry for not joining the military
- Is matter continuous or discrete
- Which country is better Pakistan or Turkey
- Why is digestion called chemical change
- What is your greatest virtue
- What happened in year 0 zero
- What percentage is 7 out of 12
- Farmers in western countries are wealthy
- What is the story behind Gummibaerchen
- Why are some people fat 1
- Which is the original football or soccer
- Why don't my questions come up
- Why is canoeing a war crime
- Can I heal my Barrett's goblet?