The bipolar disorder is always progressive
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
However different a bipolar disorder may be from patient to patient, it always runs in phases or episodes in which a certain mood prevails (manic or depressive). The individual phases often come and go at irregular intervals. On average, the depressive phases last about four to twelve months without treatment, the manic phases are significantly shorter. Occasionally, manic or depressive episodes merge or even occur at the same time (mixed phase). Between the acute episodes of illness there are more or less long periods of time, depending on the course, in which the affected person has no symptoms whatsoever. Suicide attempts and suicides almost always occur during or immediately after depressive or mixed phases.
Psychotic symptoms such as delusions indicate an unfavorable course of the bipolar illness: Those affected suffer two to three times more relapses than bipolar patients without psychotic symptoms and about two-thirds develop psychotic signs again with the next mania. In the case of rapid cycling, the long-term prognosis is often poor, as the unstable mood often persists between the phases. Those affected therefore have severe problems coping with everyday life. Most patients with bipolar disease regain their quality of life with individually tailored therapy.
- What are Reddit's alternative websites
- How do routing protocols work
- What is the appeal of Nintendo games
- What question would you ask inmates?
- When does space travel begin?
- Why do we have an early vote
- What is a pecan pie made of
- How to make homemade artificial snow
- What do you think of ANR relationships
- How intelligent are mass shooters
- What are the active ingredients in OxiClean
- Are companies unwilling to hire foreign programmers?
- How does steam get a high temperature
- Which country has a free visa
- A jewelry cleaner will clean brass
- Why don't you want a daughter
- What does a disarming smile look like
- What do discord symbols mean
- When does the lobster season in Texas end?
- What's the problem of the problems
- Is a raw vegan diet safe?
- May Malaysians Pakistanis
- Is aluminum cookware bad for you 1
- How do I determine a phoneme
- Insulting people who eat meat, vegans
- Has Harvard removed their free online courses
- Does Zara have an affiliate program
- Why do I no longer find joy
- What is a refugee
- What is gold and diamond jewelry
- Why do religious people not doubt themselves
- How much does property insurance cost
- How are you like your grandparents
- Will tariffs on Toyota harm the economy