How can I become a local doctor
Fainting at school: the local doctor's call for help went unheard
Sylvane Stegmann no longer understands the world. Last week, her ten-year-old daughter passed out twice within a few minutes during physical education. The teacher immediately notified the local doctor. But that didn't come. He was not the child's general practitioner and therefore had to wait for the consent of a family member to look at the child, he said. "As a mother, I ask myself what kind of person is that?" Sylvane Stegmann is indignant. "How far does the sworn oath of the doctors go to the chip card or a question of pride? Can the doctor plead that he does not know the medical record or history of the child and therefore does not provide first aid?" Everyone, the mother emphasized, is obliged to help in an emergency.
Sylvane Stegmann was lucky enough to work just a few kilometers away and to be reachable by phone. So she could quickly take the necessary steps herself. But what, she asks, if some parents cannot be reached so quickly? Fast medical help takes valuable minutes to school, the local doctor could have been there in a minute. "I hope I will never have to rely on the help of such a person again," the mother grumbles. "Basically, the school is obliged to inform the custodians first," says the state education authority Halberstadt when asked by MZ. If it is necessary and there are "acute issues", such as in the case of an accident, the rescue service or the emergency doctor should be informed at the same time. Ultimately, so the education authority further, it could be that the general practitioner on site "just can't leave".
"In principle the man is right," defends Dr. Olaf Winter, the spokesman for the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians in the district, the local doctor. However, if there are life-threatening situations, everyone is obliged to help and ultimately the rescue service is responsible. Here, however, this was obviously not the case and therefore the family doctor would have to be called, with whom the child is in permanent care by the family doctor or pediatrician, even if he had a longer journey to get there. A family doctor or pediatrician can not only treat patients in normal cases, but also has to do this in emergency situations. According to Dr. Winter continues, patients know when they choose a general practitioner: "That is the principle of statutory health care." He therefore advises you to choose a doctor who is close to your place of residence, if possible.
In view of her child's frequent fainting spells, Sylvane Stegmann has now also left the phone number of her family doctor at school. But she doesn't believe that in such a situation a teacher can decide whether it is "life threatening". So far, she doesn't know what her child actually has. Initial investigations remain unsuccessful. Now is an appointment with a specialist.
- How to cook dried chickpeas
- What is x y in Python 6
- Why is Singapore so small
- Why I'm happy to give up
- Which marketing needs does gamification best solve
- Every prostitute has HIV
- Are cocoapods widely used in iOS development
- Can you suffocate in a sleeping bag?
- Has anyone made millions out of Bitcoin?
- What's on a Canadian Nickel
- Is bad about nationalism
- Can running help me get better?
- What do you think about male chastity
- What is the Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Which coins are named after places
- What is Bitnami WordPress
- How do I write a questionnaire
- Can a person ever be satisfied
- Which topics does Quora
- Why do you prefer Quora over Instagram
- How many votes does Texas have
- I can eat after drinking alcohol
- What is an interstate control city
- Where does the cross symbol come from
- Which machine gun is the lightest
- What should everyone know about manipulation
- What should a teacher be proud of?
- Why do my testicles hurt
- What are the delicious restaurants in London
- How much do nurses earn
- Is New Zealand in Asia
- Which countries were neutral in World War II?
- Can you pretend you're a private investigator?
- How do I make money with Luno