How do I give a welcome speech
Giving the Perfect Speech: The Top 10 Rhetoric Tips
When speaking, the audience's interest often wanes after two or three minutes. And they secretly ask themselves: When will the buffet finally open? The audience often looks forward to the speech of their boss or the chairman of the association - unless they are familiar with his lengthy “speeches” from previous years. Accordingly, speakers could easily inspire their audience. Ten rhetoric tipshow you succeed.
- Be authentic
- Take the audience on a “journey of thought”
- Think in advance: Who is sitting across from me?
- Communicate with the audience
- Brevity is the soul of wit
- Plan the "journey of thought"
- Get in crisp, end up fiery
- Short, crisp sentences
- An active, pictorial language
- Practice the speech
1. Good rhetoric = being authentic
The success of a speech depends largely on whether the speaker has the Sympathy of his listenersr wins. Their structure and their dramaturgical design are also important. The content of the speech, on the other hand, has a rather minor influence on its evaluation. But how does a speaker win the sympathy of the audience? Mainly because it looks authentic.
The speech should therefore be tailored to his body. It seems unbelievable when a bean counter presents himself as a prankster. Or when a lone fighter verbally fraternizes with those present. That seems "artificial". So the listeners keep their distance.
2. Take the audience on a “journey of thought”
A speaker is like a travel guide. He takes his audience to one Mind journey - for example through the past year. So he should think about in advance:
- What is the reason for the trip?
- Where should she go
- Who will take part in the trip?
Only then should he write the travel program, i.e. the Content and processthe speech, to plan.
3. Think in advance: Who is sitting across from me?
A speaker should know when planning their speech: Who is sitting across from me? And which relationship exists between the listeners? Do you know each other well or do you only see each other once a year? Do they belong to the same organization or not?
Because if those present work together day in and day out, they have shared experiencesthat the speaker can refer to. If, on the other hand, they only see each other once a year, he has to fall back on other elements in order to find their ear. For example the Development in the branchto which everyone belongs.
EXTRA: Presentations that inspire your audience
4. Rhetoric is communication
A good speaker communicates with his audience - even if he is only speaking. For example with the eyes. Therefore, present your speech as freely as possible. Also keep talking to the audience personally on - but not by using empty phrases like "Ladies and gentlemen" every two or three minutes.
Rather, give the audience an example rhetorical questions such as "Do you know the following situation ..." or "Is it also you that ...". Also integrate examples from the World of experience oflisteners in your speech. Also a shot humor and Self-irony do every speech well.
5. The seasoning lies in brevity
The shorter a speech is, the better it is usually. A festive speech at the Christmas party should not last longer than ten or a maximum of fifteen minutes. The Chancellor’s New Year’s address on television doesn’t last longer.
A speech should at most 3 key messages contain. For example: the jobs are safe. Our company looks forward to a bright future. And: We owe it to the commitment of all employees that our company is doing so well.
EXTRA: 6 tips to develop your core message
6. Plan the "journey of thought"
You can use the mind mapping method to plan the content of your speech. It works like this:
- In the middle of a piece of paper, write the subject or reason for the speech. For example: “Christmas party”, “My daughter's wedding” or “Strategy 2014”.
- Then, along lines emanating from this center, write down everything you can think of on the subject. For example: "Earnings development", "Thanks to employees", "New products".
This gives you a quick overview of the possible content the speech. What if you notice it's getting too much? Then you can stroke some (side) arms.
7. Get in a crisp, end up fiery
Plan the particularly carefully Beginning and the Enoughyour speech. How attentively the audience listens to you depends largely on how you get started. Good entry points are Anecdotes. Build your speech dramatically. Everything should be aimed at a grand finale that will ensure that your speech is remembered by the audience - similar to a fireworks display.
EXTRA: 5 attention killers that will ruin your speech
8. Short, crisp sentences
A speech should be made as possible short sentences consist. Nesting sentences are quickly incomprehensible. They also involve the risk of the speaker getting tangled. Then, with inexperienced speakers, the rest of the speech is often over. Because they get nervous and get tangled more and more often. And at some point the audience just waits for the next slip of the tongue.
9. An active, pictorial language
One thing is important active language. For example, "We are planning ..." instead of "Our planning is for ..." Go through your manuscript substantiated verbs like "implementation" and "reorientation". If such a word appears, you can assume: This statement can be formulated in a simpler and more understandable manner.
10. No rhetoric without practice
Above all, you gain security through routine and one good preparation. This includes practicing the speech aloud. In particular, you should practice the introduction, the end and the transitions between the speech passages until you know them by heart, so to speak. Also, stop the duration of the speech as you practice. Then you will quickly notice when it is time to open the buffet.
- What's your rating of GMAT
- Why is a social media strategy important
- What are the biggest myths about porn
- Who are the best personal bloggers
- How were Asians treated in Nazi Germany
- Where do zombies come from
- Why is scientific computing not particularly fashionable?
- Should I buy a Louis Vuitton replica
- Why do Americans like to travel to Europe
- Is there any nutritional value in lettuce
- Blockchain was invented for Bitcoin
- What are life skills 1
- What is uncritical thinking
- Which is better HubSpot or Constant Contact
- How do I make an electronic dice
- Why do they put animals on coins
- What is a woman's beauty for you
- Which Facebook Ads Are Most Effective
- What comes after a million billion trillion
- To what extent does Schopenhauer influence Nietzsche
- How many months does a year have
- Is moss organic or inorganic
- How can I put my sick dog to sleep
- What is a dealer identification number