Can international students work in New Zealand?
New Zealand student visa
International students need a student visa to study at a New Zealand university. As soon as you have found your desired university in New Zealand, the financing of the costs has been clarified and the application has been completed, you can submit an application for a visa with the offer of the university and the proof of payment for the tuition fees. Exceptions are courses of less than twelve weeks, as a tourist visa is sufficient for these.
With the prospect of a study place, a valid passport and a well-filled travel budget, nothing stands in the way of a student visa for a semester abroad or Study Abroad Program in New Zealand. If your plans change on site, so that you want to change your degree program, for example, set a corresponding one Application to Immigration New Zealand Your visa is up to date. You can find out which visa is the right one for your study visit to New Zealand here.
The right visa for studying in New Zealand
For German citizens coming to New Zealand to study Different visa options depending on the duration of the studies to disposal:
- The Fee Paying Student Visa: This student visa is valid for a maximum of four years of full-time study in New Zealand at a tertiary educational institution or English language school. The visa also applies to New Zealand distance learning students wishing to enter New Zealand.
- Exchange Student Visa: This visa is valid, among other things, for participants in an exchange program between their home university and a recognized New Zealand tertiary educational institution. It is valid for a period of up to four years. Visa holders must study full-time and are classified as native students, eliminating tuition fees.
- Pathway Visa: This student visa enables international students to complete up to three consecutive courses at selected institutions in New Zealand. It is valid for up to five years.
- Foreign Government Supported Student Visa: This visa is valid for students whose home country fully funds a specific full-time study. In addition to the tuition fees, this also affects the cost of living.
Law students or law graduates, such as the Master of Laws, can do this German Law Student Visitor Visa apply for. As part of your studies, you will get to know a New Zealand law firm as an unpaid observer. In addition to proof of sufficient financial resources, you need a temporary job offer from a New Zealand law firm for the application. The visa is valid for up to six months.
In addition to these student visas for New Zealand, there are other options for attending university courses during a stay in the island state:
- Visitor Visa: The visa primarily enables entry as a tourist. With this visa you can also Study courses at a New Zealand university of up to three months be occupied. Applicants must provide evidence of sufficient financial means to support themselves and a return ticket. A stay in New Zealand is possible for up to nine months.
- Germany Working Holiday Visa: This visa for a 12-month stay in New Zealand use so-called Work & Traveler, mainly to tour the country. Additionally, it allows the visa holder to do a temporary job or a up to six months of study to pursue. Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years of age and have international health insurance and a minimum of NZ $ 4,200 to cover living expenses. If visa holders work in horticulture or viticulture, they can apply for an extension of the visa after three months.
Foreign students also have the opportunity to study full-time in New Zealand upon successful graduation up to three years temporary Work visa to obtain. The Post-Study Work Visa allows it in New Zealand in almost to work in all areaswithout being tied to a specific employer. In this way, the stay in the country can be extended without major hurdles after the graduate or post-graduate degree.
New Zealand student visa requirements and conditions
To obtain a New Zealand student visa, international students must enrolled in a New Zealand tertiary education institution. Non-university colleges, like Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics, must be registered with the NZQA so that they meet the required quality standards. The student visas include compulsory attendance at the specified university and are dependent on the visible progress of the study. For a student visa As a full-time student, students must take at least three courses per semester. Exchange Students and Study Abroad Students must take at least four courses.
For the visa application, students have to prove that they can pay the tuition fees or that they will be waived. A waiver of the mostly high fees is requested, for example, in the course of funding through BAföG abroad. Applicants must also indicate grants and sponsors.
To study at a New Zealand university and obtain a student visa, international students must have a private foreign health insurance for the entire duration of your stay to lock. The conditions of the insurance must match the conditions of the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students correspond. This regulates the requirements for the New Zealand educational institutions.
For a visa it is also required that, in addition to the tuition fees, the applicant must also have the Cost of living can raise in New Zealand. Visa holders must be able to finance a return ticket to their home country at any time. The respective minimum amounts can be found at Immigration New Zealand.
For Students under 18 years of age In some cases, separate conditions apply. For example, they must provide a guarantee from the school or an authorized person that suitable accommodation is available for them in New Zealand. Therefore, affected students should inform themselves in advance about different conditions.
Character and medical requirements for a New Zealand student visa
In principle, applicants for a student visa must pass a test of their personal suitability and must not pose a security risk. This falls under the term Good character. Previous convictions or violations of visa requirements, including those of another country, can lead to the rejection of the application. In certain cases, a police clearance certificate must therefore be presented. Also, applicants must Bona fide be. This means that the New Zealand authorities have no reason to believe that the applicant will remain in New Zealand after the temporary visa expires.
The vaccinations that are usually carried out in Germany are required for entry into New Zealand. Applicants for a student visa must no health check carry out. In some cases, the authorities require additional x-rays after receipt of the application. This affects all applicants planning to stay in New Zealand for over 12 months.
The application for a student visa for New Zealand
In addition to the visa application, you must submit the following documents:
- Proof of enrollment in a New Zealand university "Confirmation of enrollment"or a previous confirmation from the university"Offer of Place“That there is a place for you to study there.
- Proof of sufficient financial resources: For a stay of less than nine months, students must provide evidence of NZ $ 1,250 per month if they are fully self-financed. Longer stays require NZ $ 15,000 per year.
- For the visa application either a Return ticket or require proof that you can afford one.
- passport: The passport must be valid for at least one month beyond the period of stay in New Zealand.
- Handling feepaid online with a credit card.
- A Transcript the home university
- Two Passport photosthat are not older than six months.
Immigration New Zealand provides a list of the documents required in each case on the official website. Citizens of other nations can also find information on different visa conditions there.
After the approval in principle of the visa application (approved in principal), students may have to submit proof of the tuition fees paid. This proof states that the visa applicant has accepted the study place offered by the university.
When and where to apply for a New Zealand visa
You can apply for a student visa for New Zealand on-line via the official website of Immigration New Zealand. It is also possible to submit the application in paper form by post or in person Visa Application Center (VAC) in Hamburg. If you are yours Extend student visa want and your New Zealand university to join Students Online is, you can do that too on site at the International Office take care of.
After the visa application, the decision is made by the authorities within four to six weeks.
New Zealand Visa Costs
Must have the cost of a visa via credit card to be paid. The student visa for New Zealand costs online NZD $ 270. That corresponds to about 163 €. Submitting the printed application to the VAC costs € 188. This incurs additional service costs of € 23. The tourist visa costs ND $ 165 online, around € 100, and in paper form € 105 plus € 23 service costs. The online student visa through the universities in New Zealand costs NZ $ 250, approximately € 151, and NZ $ 277, approximately € 167, printed out.
Period of validity of a New Zealand visa
In general, New Zealand visas are valid as soon as they are approved and allow immediate entry. The tourist visa allows a stay of up to nine months during an 18-month period. The period of validity of a student visa corresponds to the duration of the course.
Entry and exit are not possible with all visas. Usually, a visa that is tied to a course of study requires you to remain in New Zealand for the entire approved period of stay. At the Fee Paying Student Visa For example, students can usually only enter and leave the country if they have submitted the application in New Zealand.
A new visa application is possible before the student visa expires if the relevant criteria are met. To apply for another semester at a New Zealand college, students must pass 75% of the courses they have taken.
Entry to New Zealand with partner and children
Certain visas allow the applicant's partner and children to enter New Zealand. For example with Fee Paying Student Visa, German Law Student Visitor Visa and Visitor Visa partners and children can refer to this visa. The Families should find out the exact conditions before departure, because the applicable fees and proof of financing vary. In addition, some family members are not allowed to stay in New Zealand without the visa holder.
For multiple visa applications, Immigration New Zealand prefers the paper form Visa Application Center in Hamburg.
Working on a student visa in New Zealand
International students can have a "Variation of conditions“Apply to work with your student visa alongside your studies. At the Fee Paying Student Visa, Foreign Government Supported Student Visa and Pathway Visa are allowed to students during the lecture period up to 20 hours a week work. Full-time work is permitted during the university holidays. For holders of the Exchange Student Visa this only applies if you have been in New Zealand for at least one year. Masters students (by research) and PhD students can work full-time throughout the semester. Anyone who wants to start their working life on site after graduating in New Zealand can do so without major hurdles Post-Study Work Visa apply and can thus extend his stay in the country for up to three years.
Special customs regulations in New Zealand
In New Zealand apply very much strict import and export regulations to protect the island's flora and fauna. Food and other plant or animal products must be clearly declared upon entry and, if necessary, disposed of immediately. In addition to travel provisions, this also applies, for example, to used sports and camping equipment or hiking and sports shoes on which soil, seeds or water can hang. Entrants must expect at least heavy fines if they fail to declare the items in question. The same applies to taking New Zealand plants or animals with you, collecting or capturing them is a punishable offense.
- How do I deal with a narcissistic father
- Why do immigrants leave Australia
- Are Tamils Indian
- What are the geological features of Mars
- Why is income inequality seen as a problem
- What is a transverse common tangent
- Why are you underestimating yourself
- What causes constipation in teenagers
- What is a Video Marketing Tool
- What are the best ideas for IT startups
- Why do people like homemade food
- What's more important than love
- Who still buys CDs on Quora Why
- How powerful was J Edgar Hoover
- What is Category Theory 23346
- Vietnam is actually richer than the Philippines
- States have banned guns
- Are pellet guns really not lethal
- Can eat raw vegan oatmeal
- What's on your daily to-do list
- Who owns old Sierra Legacy game licenses
- Can you go without money
- Food poisoning from Scombroid can ever be fatal
- Why is elonmusk com a blank page