Time is energy
Energy-time uncertainty relation
The Energy-time uncertainty relation describes a relation between energy and time in quantum mechanics. The relation is comparable to Heisenberg's uncertainty relation and is also obtained from this, but is based on fundamentally different considerations. It is of a principle nature and not a consequence of inaccuracies in a measurement. She surrenders to
in which the Dirac constant, H is Planck's quantum of action and π is the circle number.
Since time cannot be represented as an eigenvalue of an observable, the uncertainty relation does not result directly from the structure of quantum mechanics, as is the case with Heisenberg's uncertainty relation. Since the energy can in principle also be measured precisely at any time, the interpretation of the equation depends on the meaning of the variables.
The simplest mathematically correct explanation results from the general uncertainty relation, if for ΔE. the ΔH is used, and Δt is obtained from the time derivative of the second observable with the help of Ehrenfest's theorem.
A clear interpretation emerges when looking at a wave packet: because of the positional uncertainty, the time can only be determined with an inaccuracy. The difference between the energies that are precisely this time apart is then ΔE..
- Lifetime (physics) (formulas for quantum mechanical interpretation)
- Wolfgang Nolting: Basic course Theoretical Physics 5/1; Quantum Mechanics - Basics. 6th edition. Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg New York 2004, ISBN 3-540-40071-0.
Category: quantum mechanics
- How can AI transform education
- Did Epicurus have any wishes at all
- Why is food so expensive in Australia
- How do you deal with snob women
- Why do farmers use hand tools
- Why is psoriasis difficult to cure
- What are the causes of ADHD treatment
- Which drugs improve sex the most?
- What is 100 100 200 200
- What's wrong with modern nationalism
- Others mistake your introversion for snobbery
- How does water affect the weathering of stones?
- What makes you unique or weird
- What is the scope of the French language
- What are the best machine learning certifications available
- How is shoplifting affecting the business?
- What is a submarine
- Regret moving to San Francisco
- Does anyone make money with ClickBank
- What things make people snobs?
- How is the Euclidean distance calculated
- What is the difference between GRE and GMAT
- What do philosophers think of Jordan Peterson
- It is illegal to drive a car