The space-time represents the space vacuum
Conceptual world of field theory
This textbook provides a good basis for delving deeper into the theory of electric and magnetic fields. A clear systematics and the concentration on essential facts are the advantages of this book, which also establishes the connections to other subject areas - such as questions of mathematical physics. Numerical methods for solving field theoretical questions are explained in their basic approach in an understandable way and their performance is compared.
from the content
The terms flow, vortex strength, vortex density etc. are interpreted in a physically clear manner. The Maxwell equations are dealt with in a didactic manner in integral and differential form; Scalar and vector potentials are introduced just as clearly. In addition, the book is characterized by a consistent emphasis on the difference between source and vortex fields throughout the text. The intimate understanding gained in this way enables the reader to immediately understand the methods of numerical field calculation presented afterwards.
- Finite elements
- Finite differences
- Replacement charge procedure
- Boundary element method
- Moment method
- Monte Carlo method
The target groups
Electrical engineering students and practitioners are gradually led from simple definitions of physical quantities to difficult terms and procedures.
The authorProfessor Dr.- Ing. hc mult. Adolf Josef Schwab studied and did his doctorate at the elite University of Karlsruhe in the field of electrical engineering. His postdoctoral fellowship at MIT in the USA was followed by his habilitation in 1972. In 1976 he was appointed professor at the University of Darmstadt, and in 1978 at the University of Dortmund. In 1980 he was appointed full professor and director of the Institute for Electrical Energy Systems and High Voltage Technology at the Elite University of Karlsruhe. From 1989 to 1993 he headed the ABB Group Research Center in Heidelberg. Today Prof. Schwab is a retired full professor and heads Prof. Schwab Consulting. He is an honorary doctor of the Universities of St. Petersburg and Tomsk and a Consulting Professor at the University of Xian. He is a member of the VDE, Life Fellow of the IEEE, Past Chair of the IEEE Ethics Committee and Past Chair of the IEEE Germany Section.
Authors and affiliations
- 1.Institute for Electrical Energy Systems and High Voltage TechnologyKarlsruhe Institute of Technology KITKarlsruheGermany
About the authors
- Book Title Conceptual world of field theory
- Book SubtitleElectromagnetic fields, Maxwell's equations, gradient, rotation, divergence
- Authors Adolf J. Schwab
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-58392-0
- Copyright InformationSpringer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature2019
- Publisher NameSpringer Vieweg, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science and Engineering (German Language)
- Hardcover ISBN978-3-662-58391-3
- eBook ISBN978-3-662-58392-0
- Edition Number8
- Number of PagesXV, 372
- Number of Illustrations1 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- TopicsMicrowaves, RF and Optical Engineering
Wireless and Mobile Communication
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Are we really born to love?
- What does it mean to travel alone
- What kind of nutrition is good for your health
- What's keeping your relationship going
- Can wild dogs be domesticated?
- How can a plumber move to Canada
- Is Uber really cheaper than a taxi
- Is it profitable to sell products online
- What is private life for you
- Is it normal to skip lunch every day?
- Which social media are the most dangerous?
- How will Snapdragon 875 change mobile gaming?
- An American thinks his culture is weird
- What are the best PDF converter apps
- Our universe expands or shrinks
- How many Americans think Jesus is American
- Am I bisexual or just confused
- What are some arguments against pantheism
- Is 4-step kidney cancer curable
- How do I plan market research
- How did your extramarital affair begin?
- Why is 108 a significant number?
- What is white gold
- Are smokers good for the planet