What color is pure light
Newton came to many important findings about white light and its spectral colors with simple experiments, which you will find described in more detail here.
Decomposition of white light into the spectral colors
If you let white light fall on a prism in a suitable way, you can observe on a screen behind it that the white light has been broken down into different colors. An area can be seen on the screen that is colored red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo or purple. These colors are called the Spectral colors.
You can also find the spectral colors in a rainbow. Here the sun is the source of white light and the raindrops are responsible for the decomposition.
Indecomposability of the spectral colors
If you now let any spectral color fall through a prism again, you will see on the screen that the color of the light has not changed again. Spectral colors cannot be broken down further. They are also called pure colors.
Invisible radiation in the spectrum
In addition to the spectral colors, sunlight, for example, contains other components that you cannot see with the naked eye - even if you split sunlight into its spectral colors using a prism.
A stake is infrared radiation (IR radiation). This radiation would be on the screen in the experiment (cf. Fig. 1) can be seen above the red light. Infrared radiation is used, for example, in heat lamps.
Another invisible part is called ultraviolet radiation (UV radiation) designated. This radiation would be on the screen in the experiment (cf. Fig. 1) can be seen below the blue light. Ultraviolet radiation is used, for example, to check banknotes and harden nail polish. Some of the UV radiation is also responsible for sunburn.
- What makes you want to share an answer
- Why is Malaysia against Shiite Muslims
- What if no SMS is sent
- Which drug will help autistic people the most
- What is a relational model
- Why are dogs loyal but not humans
- What is a consulate versus an embassy
- Is the iPhone 5s a good phone
- How often are reservists employed by the coast guard?
- What are the main restrictions in DBMS
- Are strict laws a deterrent to crime?
- Why am I screwing up everything
- Wisdom Knowledge is more important than experience
- How is the population of Singapore
- Are you a Democrat or a Republican
- How Survey Websites Make Money
- Is statistics an area of computer science
- Which is the best cleaning company
- What if the sea level rises
- Where can I get high quality newsletter services
- What is outsourcing used for?
- How are you feeling these days
- How did Donald Trump help your company
- Why should we follow safety rules
- Which marketing channels do you use
- Dark matter touches known matter
- Is matter the antimatter of dark matter
- Love God all or just Christians
- Why can't my cell phone download anything?
- What happens if you eat pasta that has expired
- Why did you leave the UK?
- How does an offshore company work
- Why are Americans so divided
- Can we influence the Google search results