What is travel blogging
Create a travel blog: instructions and tips
We all know the wonderful pictures from bloggers around the world. How much we would like to be on a beautiful beach instead of in the office and earn our money with it. With a travel blog, this dream can actually come true.
The following text uses step-by-step instructions to show you how you can easily create a travel blog. However, you should be aware beforehand that a blogger also works and that content cannot be created just like that. How much work is behind such a blog, we clarify here.
the essentials in brief
- A travel blog can cover a wide variety of topics. From exchange years, beach, sea or adventure vacations to focusing on one continent - everything is allowed.
- To start with a travel blog, you should definitely be passionate about traveling. With a blog you can share an experience with friends, family and the whole world.
- It will be some time before your blog is successful and you can earn money with it. It is important that you keep creating good content.
What is a travel blog?
A travel blog is a form of weblog that focuses on travel and vacation. Travel blogs are mostly read by travel enthusiasts or by people who have a trip ahead of them and want to find out more.
Since travel blogs offer authentic vacation tips, they are very popular. Thanks to the travel blogger's subjective impressions, the holiday tips are credible to the readers.
Background: What you should know about travel blogs
Before starting a travel blog, however, there are a few things you should know about blogging. This includes the right motives, the work behind it and whether you can refill your holiday budget with a travel blog.
Why start a travel blog?
Many travel bloggers claim that starting a travel blog was one of the best decisions of their life. There are many reasons why you should create a travel blog like this too.
First, family and friends can follow your travels and you can use it to inspire others and give travel tips. In addition, a travel blog is a platform on which you can let your creativity run free.
If you pursue a normal job, it is often forgotten in everyday life to be creative, even though it is so good. And although it shouldn't be the most important or only reason, with work and patience you have the opportunity to earn money with the travel blog and live as a digital nomad.
When you have decided to start a travel blog, you should list your goals that you want to achieve with the blog. It is important to set realistic and concrete goals. Money shouldn't come first here, however. Above all, you should be enthusiastic about traveling.
How do you develop the right topic for a travel blog?
After you have made the decision to start a blog, it is time to think of a more specific topic (example: travel diary, world trip, exchange, vacation blog). You don't have to be very specific just yet, as this will develop as you blog.
Over time you will find your own style. But it makes sense to develop an idea that you can stand behind 100% and that is motivating.
Finding such an idea is not always easy, so the following questions may be helpful:
- How do you like to travel
- What are you interested in?
- Is your blog about a specific country, continent, region?
At this step, it can also be useful to write down different article ideas. You also have the option to focus on special trips, for example trips with a weekender only.
Places that inspire you, adventures that you want to share with others and experiences that have fascinated you can also be a source of inspiration for the topic of your blog.
How can you make money as a blogger?
In recent years, the travel blog has become more professional and there are now some travel bloggers who make a living from their blog.
At first it may sound like all you need is a little creativity in terms of writing and photography, a great travel route with scenic locations and of course a computer or laptop with access to the Internet.
But the whole thing is not that simple; There is a lot of work behind a successful and profitable travel blog. As a blogger, there are different sources of income:
- Banner advertising
- Affiliate marketing
- Sponsored Posts
- Rent or sell links
- Sell your own product
But before you can really make money from these sources of income, you have to build a large, regular readership. There is a lot of work behind this that you have to put in before you really see money. But be careful, four-digit sums will not appear in your account immediately.
Create a travel blog: The most important questions and answers to get started
In this section we want to give you a little guide based on the most important questions about creating a travel blog. In addition to finding a name, creating content and choosing the right domain, we also deal with the question of design.
What do I need to start creating a travel blog?
You can find a short step-by-step guide here:
- Find names
- Create blog on your own domain
- Write your first article
- Promote blog on social media
- write more articles and continue promoting
Otherwise we have found a video here that gives you a general overview of the world of blogging.
How do I find a unique name for the blog?
The name is what blog readers get to see first and how you present yourself to the public.
Therefore, you should take your time when choosing the blog name and don't forget to pay attention to certain things:
- You should choose a name that will still be relevant in a few years.
- You should choose a name that is easy to remember. Preferably short and concise.
- In addition to brevity, relevance is also important. The name should represent the topic of your blog.
- Choose a unique name to avoid confusion as much as possible.
How do I create a blog with my own domain?
A domain consists on the one hand of a name (combination of letters and characters (e.g. neubox) and an ending.
The ending is also called a top-level domain, which distinguishes whether it is a country code or a multi-organization (e.g. .ch, .com).
Most of the time, your domain name is the same as the name of your blog, but you can use abbreviations if the blog name is longer.
When you have decided on a name, you should still check whether the domain is free everywhere. This should also be checked on Facebook, Instagram, etc., as it is important that your name is the same everywhere, otherwise it will be confusing for your readers.
There are tools where you can enter the name and it will then be checked directly on which websites this name is still available.
Once you've found a name that is actually free everywhere, all you have to do is decide on a hosting provider.
"Hosting" means "to accommodate" and stands for the provision of the necessary storage space on a web server connected to the Internet in order to be able to make websites accessible on the Internet. Hosting providers provide a kind of "parking lot" for your website on their own servers.
Where can I create my own blog?
You can choose between two variants: a free variant or a paid variant.
Can I also create a blog for free?
First, you won't have your own domain with the free version. Your blog name will always have an appendix of the respective service (for example www.yourblog.wordpress.com), which looks very unprofessional.
You have to decide for yourself whether this variant is right for you. If you just want to create a hobby blog and you are sure that it will stay that way, then the free version will most likely be the right decision.
In addition, you will have very few design and setting options and it will not be possible to monetize the blog, i.e. to earn money with it.
What are the benefits of a paid blog provider?
- You have your own professional domain name and website that is yours alone.
- You have many design and setting options and you can create the blog according to your own wishes.
- You have the opportunity to earn money with the blog.
How do I design a blog?
Depending on the blog provider, you can choose between different "themes" that are responsible for the visual appearance of your blog. However, it is also possible to make custom changes to the theme so that your blog looks exactly how you imagine it.
Here are a few more Tips for design:
- Your blog represents you and your brand. The appearance should therefore match the content.
- The blog must be optimized for mobile devices.
- Less is more: A tidy and clear blog design always looks good and professional.
- The menu should be clear, logical and easy to use.
- A new reader should be able to find what they're looking for at a glance.
- Limit yourself to two fonts.
- Don't forget social media links - they should be easy to find at a glance.
- Try to increase the recognition value of your blog with the blog design.
- If you don't know what to do next, let your favorite blogs inspire you
What should I write about?
What kind of content do they expect from you? Which content is relevant to you and which is not?
You can't post articles about interior design on a travel blog because your readers won't care.
Try to write about things that you would like to read about yourself while staying open and creative.
Unfortunately, there are always times when you have no ideas and cannot find inspiration. To avoid such a situation, write down any blog ideas as they come to you so that you don't forget them.
Also, write down a few keywords to make writing easier later.
How do I write good blog content?
- Quality over quantity. It is better to publish one really good blog article per week than three moderately good ones.
- Content should be relevant and easy to read.
- An article should be clearly structured, with meaningful headings and many small sub-headings that guide the reader through the text.
- Don't forget that the headings are very important because they will determine whether or not your article will be read at all.
- Always do a quality check: if you are proud of your article and want to share it, then the article is ready to be published.
How does the travel blog become successful?
You need Traffic sourcesso that your target group can find your content again and again. In addition to Google, all social networks are traffic sources as well as the Newsletter. This is particularly important because it reaches readers directly in their own mailbox. You should always rely on multiple traffic sources so as not to be dependent on one. Video portals on the Internet in particular are a very exciting way of interacting with your fan base and attracting more visitors to your travel blog.
You mustn't forget that it takes all the time and that your blog won't be successful overnight. But if you work for it, publish content regularly, have patience and believe in yourself, it is possible to start a successful blog.
Search engine optimization
Google search results are extremely important to get traffic. That's why you should get over it SEO (Search engine optimization). If you are successful in SEO, you also have the opportunity to enter the world of affiliate marketing.
You should also keep your Social media presence maintain and build a following there, as well as share your content. If you are ready to invest money in advertising, you can turn on a Facebook or Instagram ad.
But you can also do yours in real life Build a networkby telling people you meet about your blog or meeting and collaborating with other bloggers.
You should Google Analytics to analyze your visitors. This way you get to know your target group better and you can create content that will appeal to them.
In general, it's important to build a relationship with your readers, whether through Google Analytics, comments, or social media.
Trivia: What Else You Should Know About Blogs
After we have clarified all the important things about creating a travel blog, we would like to give you additional information. In this section we cover a few questions that are also related to blogging and blogging.
What are the most famous travel blogs?
There are now so many travel blogs that it is easy to lose track of them. However, a few blogs stand out here and there. We have put together a small selection for you here.
This selection is to be understood without any ranking in any way whatsoever.
What types of blogs are there?
Travel blogs are only a small part of the world of blogs. There are so many topics that blogs cover. This includes, for example, fashion and lifestyle blogs, blogs on the subject of cooking, handicrafts or interior design.
There are also blogs that deal with engines, model railways, children's entertainment, etc. The list here is endless. So-called niche blogs are becoming increasingly popular.
When deciding to blog, there are many things to think about - blog name, blog design, marketing strategy, blog content. But with the help of these step-by-step instructions, you can now easily get started and create your own travel blog!
Further reading: sources and interesting links
Image source: unspalsh.com / @john_matychuk
Why can you trust me
- Why do people use Steam
- Questions asked in a bpo interview
- Counts Donald Trump with xenophobia
- America is a European country
- Which theme should I use in WordPress
- Who is the best ODI batsman
- What is considered good looking
- What does this Chinese expression mean
- What are the best web analytics tools
- Hate what when questions
- How much do AirPods cost
- What are the top e-learning portals
- Can you get 20,000 upvotes for Quora?
- Why should anyone vote against Trump again?
- What is beyond the universe
- Which is safer Apple Pay or PayPal
- Salesforce Administration Certification is really important
- Can asteroids be hidden in Earth orbit?
- Why is time travel a paradox
- Who are the 33 degree freemasons
- Why does the sun light up our hair
- How was your day
- What is the best religion for mankind
- What's the last piece of Shakespeare
- What are the best cold email strategies
- Do chiropractors take out insurance?
- What are some underrated cultural dishes
- Can ugly men look good
- Why is online gaming so misogynistic
- How many articles does a newspaper contain?
- Has anyone ever seen an unsolvable sudoku?
- How quickly does life expectancy increase
- West Bengal is part of Bangladesh
- What are the stages in NLP