How do Singaporean students deal with the university?
Tuition and Scholarships in Singapore
Tuition fees for international students in Singapore
Often times, tuition fees depend on the university and program you want to study, as well as your nationality. Tuition fees for Singaporean universities could be higher than for universities from neighboring countries. However, the public universities in Singapore are much cheaper than many private and public universities overseas. The main factor influencing the price of tuition fees is nationality. In Singapore there are four different prices depending on your status:
- Annual Subsidized Fees payable by Singapore citizens
- Annual subsidized fees payable by permanent residents
- Annual subsidized fees payable by international students
- Annual unsubsidized fees
In general, studying at a public university costs around SGD 8,000 to 9,000 per year. However, this is the subsidized price. It costs at least SGD 10,000 for unsubsidized and non-Singaporean students. Some programs at universities are also subsidized by the government.
The substantial grant for tuition fees from the Singapore government takes the form of a MOE grant administered by the Department of Education (MOE) and offered to all eligible students. Students do not need to apply for the MOE grant if they are eligible. International students reading a government-subsidized program can apply for the Service Obligation Scheme to pay reduced tuition fees. The Service Obligation Scheme enables international students to work in Singapore after graduation to help pay back their tuition fees.
Learn more about education in Singapore:
- How can automation create jobs
- How safe are women in India
- Who set the boundaries of the US electoral college
- Can a Muslim work for non-Muslims
- What are examples of time dilation
- How many foreigners live in Ethiopia
- Which foods are bad for high cholesterol?
- Are Malaysians friendlier than Singaporeans
- Successful people are introverted
- Most Filipinos are xenophobic
- Americans perceive Chinese and Japanese differently
- How can partners help my business
- What is the greatest value of 5
- Geode is a Scrabble word
- Is Nicole a biblical name
- What is the difference between Arminianism and Lutheranism
- Why do people overlap with relationships
- Can I call my child Jesus
- Why are chocolate chip cookies so delicious
- Counts rap as music
- What is a fast food restaurant
- Why do parents use corporal punishment?
- What are famous Bhopal foods
- What is cost advantage