Why is Fortnite still popular
Battle Royale - What is "Fortnite" - and why is everyone playing it right now?
"Fortnite" became a worldwide hit within a very short time. Around 125 million people play it, and the developer Epic Games has even planned a world championship for the coming year. But what makes "Fortnite" so special anyway?
Battle Royale or Save the World?
When talking about "Fortnite", players mean mainly the currently popular game mode Battle Royale. The actual "Fortnite" main game "Save the World", which costs 39.99 euros or 59.99 euros depending on the package, was received positively, but could not establish itself as a real hit. The separate Battle Royale mode, however, hit the nerve of the players a little later.
Basically, many players compete against each other online until only one - the winner - remains. The Battle Royale mode, which is now offered in many games, was inspired, among other things, by the book bestseller of the same name (or the film adaptation) by Koushun Takami.
This is how "Fortnite: Battle Royale" is played
The Battle Royale mode is completely separate from the main game, which means, for example, that there are no classes. Instead, each player starts as a soldier and without an inventory. All players in a round meet on a large map specially developed for the mode. A total of up to a hundred players compete against each other alone, in pairs or as a team. You take off from the air in an airplane. From there you decide for yourself where you want to land on the map - for example, directly with a cluster of opponents or away from it, in order to act more covertly.
According to the last-man-standing principle, the opponents fight each other until there is a winner. You can search for objects and weapons on the entire map in order to have better chances in competition. So that the players can still find themselves on the map with a decreasing number of players, it is also continuously reduced. This works with the help of the so-called storm, which forces players to keep moving to find a safe zone. It makes the map smaller and smaller, and players inside the storm suffer permanent damage.
Why is "Fortnite: Battle Royale" so popular?
1. It's free. "Fortnite: Battle Royale" is a so-called Free2Play game. For money, however, players can, for example, individualize their characters.
2. You can play "Fortnite: Battle Royale" not only on your computer, but also on Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch and on your smartphone under iOS. People who use "Fortnite" on different consoles can still play almost all of them together.
3. In "Fortnite" there are a number of special game aspects - above all crafting and building. All houses, trees and much more can be used as resources - an exciting tactical element that can be used in many ways. For example, it allows players to go to places they would otherwise not be able to go.
Is "Fortnite" suitable for children?
There is still no official age recommendation for the Battle Royale mode. The main game is approved for ages 12 and up in Germany. The Pan European Game Information (PEGI) also gave an age recommendation of 12 years. In the US, the game is rated “T for Teens”.
This rating is probably due to the fact that the game as a whole relies on a clearly fictional setting and the depiction of violence is comparatively harmless: Defeated players do not die, but are teleported away, there is no blood and the focus is clearly on the tactical game.
- Does Ritalin work for people without ADHD
- Why is divorce considered worse than death?
- What is 1 Newton
- What are functions of time in physics
- Which Steam game should I get
- Why do people love junk food
- What is x y in Python 6
- How do I start blogging with WordPress
- How do I improve B2B marketing campaigns
- Are the Dutch special forces good
- How do you distract yourself
- Is Stash a good investment app
- Is the concept of Kangen Water to be trusted
- Why are you in relationship with someone
- Can deaf people hear themselves
- Why do we need to automate tests
- Which manufacturing product starts without a customer
- Which drugs improve sex the most?
- Why do I feel sad in love?
- What are physicists doing at NASA
- How important is punctuation in the Korean language
- How naval submarines recognize seamounts
- Are the Singaporeans really safe from their government?
- How do I create a business website