Why are my answers not being read
How can we help you?
There are check marks next to every message you send. Here is their meaning:
- The message was sent successfully.
- The message was successfully delivered on the recipient's phone.
- The recipient has read your message.
In group chats, the second tick will only be displayed once all group participants have received your message. Two blue ticks will only appear once all group members have read your message.
For every message you've sent, a message info screen lets you see when the message was delivered and read or played by the recipient.
To display the message info screen:
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap and hold your sent message.
- Tap. You can too More options > info tap.
The message info screen shows the following details:
- Your message was delivered on the recipient's phone, but they haven't seen it yet.
Read or Seen:
- This means that the recipient has read your message or seen your picture, audio file or video.
- The recipient has seen your voice message but has not yet played it.
- The recipient has played your voice message.
Note: When a participant leaves a group, you can see the News infoScreen will retain the original information with all participants, including the participant who left the group.
Missing read receipts
If you don't see a read receipt for the message you've sent, there could be several reasons:
- The recipient of your message has deactivated read receipts in the privacy settings.
- The recipient blocked you.
- The recipient may have switched off their phone.
- The recipient may not have opened the chat with your sent message yet.
- You or the recipient may have problems with the internet connection.
Turn off read receipts
To turn off read receipts, tap More options > Settings > Account > privacy and switch Read receipts out.
Note: This does not deactivate read receipts in groups and playback receipts for voice messages. There is no way to turn it off.
- What's your GPA
- How to calculate an equilibrium price
- Where was the vacuum cleaner invented?
- How particles escape black holes
- Too much coffee is unhealthy
- What's one thing Miami is missing
- Why is feminism controversial
- Do people with autism have friends
- How was George Patton personally
- What are some scientifically unexplained everyday observations
- What is low voltage electrical equipment
- What do you think of Chinese students
- What is an ICICI FASTag account
- The earth's crust can shift
- Throwing the dice is actually random
- Why am I smiling
- Has anyone tried to live without money
- What's the easiest margarita recipe
- How can we learn late at night
- How do people crack SUDOKU
- What is an electromagnet and permanent magnet
- Games improve education
- Has NASA ever conducted space missions
- A 40 foot boat is a yacht