What should society do about alcohol
What can I do as a relative?
If you have a drinking problem, you have to make the decision to drink less or to get help yourself. This requires admitting the alcohol problem. This is usually difficult and often takes time. As a relative, it is therefore important to be patient. It often takes several attempts to permanently change drinking behavior. This is completely normal and not a reason to blame anyone.
In addition, willpower alone is not always enough to change behavior. This also has to do with the fact that drinking often has a function - for example, to calm down and let problems take a back seat. A change in drinking behavior presupposes that these problems are no longer suppressed, but rather actively addressed. Last but not least, such a change is much more strenuous at first than simply leaving everything as it is.
For people who drink a lot of alcohol out of habit - for example to relax or as a "reward" after work - alternatives to alcohol can be helpful, such as a hobby that gives pleasure and relaxes. Maybe you can try something new together.
It can happen that other friends or family members do not support or question the decision to drink less or no more alcohol. If they drink a lot of alcohol themselves or have problem drinking habits, they may lack understanding. As a relative, you can then help establish contact with people who support the decision or who do not drink alcohol themselves - for example in a self-help group.
Last but not least, it is important to know when your own efforts are no longer sufficient: Large amounts of alcohol can make you physically dependent. An addiction is a disease - not a question of will and also not a moral weakness. If someone has already developed an addiction, it will not work without professional support. However, each person affected is responsible for accepting and using this support - even if you, as a relative, would like to make the decision for him or her.
- What do R programmers use Python for
- Does the number 12 matter to Christians?
- Can science explain this phenomenon?
- What is the use of bean bags
- How do I learn with Pradeeps Physics
- Who was the worst writer in history
- What's the worst drawing you've ever seen
- What do airplane lights mean
- Dilutes lemonade beer 50 50
- An email message is considered intellectual property
- What is DiiDit
- Why should I judge someone
- I eat too much bread
- Who is better men or women 1
- Why is Langkawi so expensive in Malaysia
- What is a linear relationship
- How do I just start a company
- Lifting Weights Can Make You Smarter
- Why is alliteration effective
- What is international trade the result
- You can search Quora for profiles
- Why is the US dollar so high
- Which is faster Bitcoin or Ethereum
- There are good gold MLM businesses