Where can the Chinese emigrate?
Emigrate to China
Table of Contents
Tips for emigrants
China is a popular destination for emigrants in Asia. Most of the people who emigrate to China do so not because of the nature and beautiful landscapes, but because they expect it to be a professional success. Although there are of course breathtaking landscapes in China, and the foreign culture has a great attraction for emigrants. In addition, China has a high quality of life and excellent health care facilities, particularly in the cities of Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai. However, all of this has its price. In the medium to small towns the cost of living is much lower than in Germany. In addition to qualifications, the level of salaries depends on whether you are employed by a foreign company or by a local one. In the latter case you have to reckon with a much lower salary.
Anyone who works in an international company can probably communicate in English. If you really want to settle down in China, you should master Chinese. Since Chinese is a very difficult language, it is advisable to start the language course long before you leave for China.
For whom is China suitable as a country of emigration?
If you want to work in China, you basically have two options: Either you go to China as an “expat” for a foreign company or you apply directly to a Chinese company.
China is the most populous country in the world. The Chinese are very well educated, which means that there is a lot of competition in the job market. Personal contacts are very important in China if you want to be professionally successful. Work is an integral part of everyday life in China. Overtime is common and is generally not remunerated. In addition, the Chinese are only entitled to a few days vacation per year. If you are employed by a foreign company, you can expect similar pay as in Europe and several weeks of vacation a year. In many cases, knowledge of Mandarin is a prerequisite for anyone wanting a job. Specialists and academics in particular have good job prospects in China.
The following professional groups are particularly sought after in China:
- Business economists
- Teachers (especially English teachers)
- IT specialists
If you want to apply directly to a Chinese company, the Internet is a helpful source for looking for a job. In Germany, you can get information about vacancies in China from the Central Employment Agency of the Federal Employment Agency and from the German Chamber of Commerce. Other job exchanges are, for example: SinoJobs or ChinaJob.
Requirements for an unlimited visa
If you want to travel to China as a German, you need a valid passport and a visa. The passport must be valid for at least six months. The visa must be applied for at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center before traveling to China. It is not possible to get a visa on site. Anyone staying in China for more than 24 hours must report to the local police department. If you are staying at the hotel, this will be taken care of by the hotel. Different regulations apply to Hong Kong If you are staying in Hong Kong for less than three months, you do not need a visa there, for example.
There are eleven different visa types in China. For those who want to stay in China permanently, the permanent visa, the D visa and the work visa, the Z visa, are of particular interest.
The permanent visa: The permanent visa is valid for everyone who wants to stay in China permanently. You can only get a permanent visa if you travel to China by invitation. If you want to work in China, you also need a work visa (Z visa).
The work visa (Z visa): You need a work visa if you are staying and working in China for more than six months. It is issued to the applicant and their family members. To apply for a visa, you need an invitation from your employer and a health certificate with an HIV test. After arriving in China, you must report to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security within 30 days. You will then receive a work permit that is valid for one year. There is no way to extend the visa. However, you can apply for a new visa in China.
Anyone who has resided in China for several years can apply for Chinese citizenship. There is also the option of dual citizenship.
You can get more information about the visa requirements in China from the Chinese embassy in Berlin.
Moving to China: What to look out for
A move to China needs to be well prepared. In addition to organizing the move itself, official visits in Germany and China are on the agenda.
What you can already regulate in Germany:
- Papers: Anyone who emigrates to China should deregister at the registration office in Germany. Entry is only possible with a passport that is valid for at least six months and a visa. After arriving in China, you have to report to the local police department within 24 hours, regardless of whether you are entering or emigrating as a tourist. The German driver's license is not valid in China, and an international driver's license is also not valid in China. However, you can apply for a Chinese driver's license. For this you need a German driving license, a health certificate and a theoretical test - if you have a driving license for less than three years, you also have to take a practical test.
- Pension and old-age provision: There is a social security agreement between Germany and China, which, however, only applies to pension and unemployment insurance and only if the employee is posted to China and for a period of four years. Further information can be obtained from the Deutsche Rentenversicherung. The pension in China consists of a basic pension, a pension that is co-financed by the employer and personal savings. Freelancers and the self-employed can become members of the pension fund, but must pay all contributions out of their own pocket.
- If the household effects are to emigrate with: If you want to take all your household items with you to China, you should hire an experienced international freight forwarder to carry it out. The items are shipped in the container. The transport takes several weeks. More information about the import regulations in China can be obtained from the Chinese embassy in Berlin.
What needs to be regulated in China:
- Apartment Search: In the past, there was a separation between apartments for foreigners and apartments for Chinese. Today this regulation no longer applies. Foreigners are allowed to move into any accommodation. Except those belonging to the Chinese military. There are huge differences in rental prices. One can find very primitive and highly luxurious accommodations. The latter of course have their price. Housing can be found through a broker or on internet platforms. A well-known real estate exchange in China is 5i5j.
- Apply for a tax card in China: Anyone who stays and works in China for more than 183 days a year has to pay taxes there. If you earn more than 120,000 Renminbi (about 14,500 euros) a year, you are required to file a tax return. This is done either by the employer or the taxpayer himself, preferably with the help of a Chinese tax advisor.
- Setting up a bank account: Few international banks have branches in China. The banking system is determined by local banks. To open a bank account in the Chinese currency, all you need is a valid passport, a visa and proof of residence in China. If you want to do your banking directly at the bank, you should have plenty of time. The queues are usually long.
- Health insurance: There is no compulsory health insurance in China. Nevertheless, as an emigrant, you should definitely take out health insurance. Many employers offer their employees basic health insurance. You can also take out private insurance. The costs are very different depending on the services and other criteria. Those who work for a foreign employer are usually offered health insurance with better conditions.
Guide to jobs abroad in China
More guides on jobs abroad
- What is the historical background of philosophy
- How soft is pure gold
- Can you die in the military?
- Can a singularity physically exist
- Why is money laundering illegal and immoral?
- How many quarters are in $ 100
- Which country has the most overweight population?
- Is telekinesis scientifically true
- How often do Americans travel abroad
- What do you think of Yemeni refugees
- Which African countries should migrate?
- When did Russia become a developed country
- How do I start a fruit farm
- Why are people offended by honesty
- When were the first fire brigade units created
- Why is xenophobia so bad in Ireland?
- What are the best food blogging ideas
- Why the 404 error is 404
- Can a sentence start with it anyway?
- Get paid for Lyft drivers at 12 noon
- How do I promote my website 3
- What is 2 2 3 4
- China is developing faster than India
- Why is the ocean color blue
- What are the 5 Marketing Strategies
- What is useful money or knowledge
- What was Thale's philosophy
- Why should anyone care for poor people
- What is black culture
- Are airport lounges safe
- Jogging good or bad And why
- What are near field microphones
- Is diabetes a deadly disease