Can you make yourself anorexic?
How do you recognize eating disorders? / How do you recognize anorexia?
Eating disorders are often difficult to spot for outsiders. Friends and family members are most likely to notice anorexia from the externally visible weight loss. However, if those affected have lost so much weight that they are already significantly underweight, the vicious circle of the eating disorder has already solidified. People with bulimia or binge eating, on the other hand, can often hide their illness from even their closest caregivers for years.
However, there are warning signs that should make you sit up and take notice, especially if they occur frequently:
- Noticeable changes in eating rules, e.g. B. vegetarianism, veganism, emphasizes "healthy" nutrition, avoidance of sweet, fatty or carbohydrate-containing foods, diets of all kinds (possibly with simultaneous denial of dieting behavior)
- Denial of feelings of hunger or claims that you only need very small amounts of food to be full
- Concealing possible weight loss, e.g. B. through loose clothing
- Growing interest in food or intensive preoccupation with food: cooking and baking for others (but then not eating yourself), sifting through recipe books or researching recipes or the calorie and nutrient content of food on the Internet, counting calories, etc.
- Eating slowly, eating small bites, eating rituals
(e.g. always the salad first, then the vegetables and finally the meat)
- Avoiding meals together, e.g. B. with the reference to have already eaten or to eat elsewhere
- Compulsive or ritualized behaviors, not only when eating, but also in other areas of life (e.g. cleaning, keeping order, writing lists, washing hands)
- Social tendencies to withdraw, irritable or depressed mood
- Frequent disappearance in the bathroom, v. a. with or after meals, smell of vomit, excessive use of air fresheners, mouthwash, etc.
- New or significantly intensified sports training that is strictly and rigidly adhered to, sometimes until exhaustion
- Frequent complaints about dissatisfaction with one's own appearance, allegedly too heavy or too fat body parts
- Stronger performance orientation (with better school grades) or significant decline in school performance
Further questions and answers:
- Why can't I cross my legs?
- What is the healthiest vegetarian Italian dish
- What is 1000 100 10 100
- What is considered good looking
- Who is the author of An Autobiography
- How many cookies should I eat
- What's your least favorite cookie
- Why do people spit on the street
- Is fame a necessity
- Right now people are listening to Billie Eilish
- What is RGB
- What are the best sounding phonemes
- How many people buy wordpress plugins
- Identical twins share the same spirit
- Can we eat soaked peanuts every day?
- Work commands in the rescue of maggots
- How do I search for TV scripts
- What does it mean to feel love
- What is functional anorexia
- How much protein is the right amount
- What do you hate most about technology?
- Is there racism in Vietnam
- Is racism still present in Dubai?
- Singapore's bilingual policy is a mistake
- Which vegetarian foods are high in fiber
- What is the barrel for snails
- What are the most basic life skills
- How can I immigrate to New Zealand
- New Zealand is a republic
- Indonesians eat Nasi Padang for breakfast
- What are the best statistics books for finance
- Get paid to write answers
- What are the best music recording programs
- How big is Donald Trump's vocabulary