Why don't people like me
Dogs don't like you when you have this trait
For many dog owners, their pets are like family members. It hurts the owner all the more if the dog shows aggressive behavior and bites a person - for whatever reason.
Researchers at the University of Liverpool wanted to know when and, above all, who had the chance of dogs biting. Your study was published in the British Medical Journal. The scientists surveyed almost 700 households not only to evaluate the bites that were reported in hospitals or other medical facilities, but also to include minor incidents that did not require medical treatment. According to the study, there are 19 bites per 1,000 people.
Who is bitten by dogs most often?
The researchers initially found, unsurprisingly, that dog owners have a higher chance of being bitten by dogs. However, half of the respondents were bitten by dogs they did not know. Dogs also bit men twice as often as women.
In addition, the participants in the study completed a personality test and the results of the test indicate that emotionally unstable, i.e. fearful and nervous people, are more likely to be bitten by dogs. The respondents had to rate how emotionally stable they consider themselves to be on a scale from one to seven (seven being very self-confident).
Nervous people apparently make dogs nervous too
The likelihood of being bitten decreased the higher the respondents rated themselves. This study was the first to establish this relationship between emotional instability and dog bites. How exactly it comes about must first be clarified in follow-up studies.
Also read: "Dogs hate your well-intentioned behavior"
These results give the widespread advice not to be fearful and nervous towards dogs a scientific basis.
External content not available
Your privacy settings prevent the loading and display of all external content (e.g. graphics or tables) and social networks (e.g. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.). To display, please activate the settings for social networks and external content in the privacy Settings.
- How can science detect a wormhole
- How can you make yourself fat
- What are the rules of Scrabble
- Curious people live longer
- Do fathers ever fantasize about their daughters?
- Do people actually lose weight from bulimia
- What is your kind of music
- Vegetarians in Singapore usually eat nuts
- Can cows stand up after tipping
- What is the healthiest non-diet soda
- Why are dogs loyal but not humans
- Is a little more grammatically correct
- What century is 2020
- What have been some of your wildest experiences
- Why do I get hiccups after eating
- Incest is common
- Why is my muscle mass high
- Why do people fall in love 3
- Is plastic recycling profitable?
- Essay on the importance of money
- Who is Albert Einstein's sister
- Which two widths are actually points
- Why doesn't McDonalds serve healthier food
- Do you believe in a life after love?
- Tesla's cybertruck is a joke
- What is the easiest alternative to MailChimp
- Travel software developer
- What are some interesting facts about cheetahs
- Which is the best review website
- How do I book a current ticket
- Is MailChimp better than constant contact
- Is Donald Trump transphobic
- What is the Masonic Oath
- Which tool is best for keyword research?