What can replace fast food
It is well known that fans of fast food live unhealthily. Those who often eat fast food dishes such as french fries, burgers, pizza or kebab become fat and are more susceptible to disease. This is not news at first. In a 2016 study, researchers showed that the consumption of fast food, i.e. a diet high in fat and sugar, affects our brain. After just three days, the brain fights back and reacts like a bacterial inflammation. This can have permanent consequences for the body.
In a recent study, researchers from Bonn fed the typical western fast food diet to mice. For around four weeks, the animals were only given food that was rich in fat, sugar and low in fiber. The result: The animals developed massive inflammatory reactions throughout the body, comparable to those after a dangerous bacterial infection.
Immune cells promote diabetes and vascular calcification
"The unhealthy diet led to an unexpected increase in some immune cells in the blood," explains Anette Christ, postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Innate Immunity at the University of Bonn in a press release. The immune cells that promote vascular calcification and diabetes have increased. The researchers published their results in the specialist magazine "Cell".
"We have only recently known that the innate immune system has a memory," explains Prof. Dr. Eicke Latz, head of the Bonn institute. “After an infection, the body's defenses remain in a kind of alarm state so that they can react more quickly to a new attack.” In the mice, this process was not triggered by a bacterium, but by an unhealthy diet.
Proven with study: Soda with the burger - why this is the worst combination
More eggs, less fruit: These are the new recommendations for healthy eating
Calorie bombs in the ranking: What you shouldn't eat at McDonald's - and what you should
Immune cells are reprogrammed in the long term
With this experiment, the researchers showed that poor nutrition permanently changes the immune system. When the researchers offered the rodents typical cereal food for another four weeks, the acute symptoms of inflammation disappeared. What remained, however, was the genetic reprogramming of the immune cells, which the researchers describe as "particularly worrying": This means that unhealthy food could make the body's defenses more aggressive in the long term. Inflammation occurs more quickly even long after switching to a healthy diet. These directly promote the development of arteriosclerosis and diabetes.
After eight weeks, the animals finally died. It can be proven that they died from the long-term effects of poor nutrition, for example calcification of the heart. According to the scientists, these consequences, which the researchers were able to observe in the mice in the short period of time, should affect human fast-food eaters after 50 to 60 years. (sar)
- The layoffs are increasing
- Why don't you watch NDTV
- What are some stimulating non-fiction books
- What are the main pros of Bitcoin
- What is the four-dimensional world
- Why are Quora answers not justified
- Who are the leading cancer researchers
- What does a Navy SEAL actually do
- What is Category Theory 23346
- Which is Terminal 1 in Kolkata
- What is an interstate control city
- Who uses the Steam Web API
- Where did the Polynesian people come from?
- Is MailChimp better than constant contact
- What is 8 8 4 12
- Which stores offer high quality wholesale clothing
- How reactive is lanthanum
- Can there be sex without love?
- What is the fuel tank function
- Is home cleaning service covered by Medicare?
- How can I unlock Android phones?
- Why are the submarines afraid of destroyers?
- What's on a Canadian Nickel
- How should I clean my sunglasses