My mother has a Quora account
Vero - True Social: The hyped network under the microscope
Every hype on the internet is basically created by one Counter-hype accompanied. And accordingly, negative reports are also distributed via the other social media under the hashtag #deletevero. Because the company behind Vero has a very dubious reputation. In addition, the sudden rise of the network in February 2018 also provided food for various people conspiracy theories: So are supposed to be numerous influencers from Vero Have been paid to hype the app. After all, Vero has been around since August 2015 - so what is the reason for the hype that emerged three years later? Many answer this question by stating that it was produced artificially and with considerable investment of money.
Another point of criticism: Vero only works if the user provides their phone number. The app then sends a four-digit code, which is then used to activate the account. With reference to the competitor WhatsApp, Vero argues that they want to lock out bots with the query, because they want to keep the network free of advertising programs and other undesirable "robots". However, this could theoretically also be done in another way, without giving a telephone number. Interested parties must therefore deposit confidential information in any case in order to be able to use Vero. The fact that Vero's servers are in England and are therefore not allowed to be subject to EU data protection guidelines as soon as Brexit has taken place does not exactly strengthen trust in Vero's data protection.
After the sudden rush of users, Vero also had various Server failures and performance problems to fight. As a result, many users were temporarily unable to create an account. Sending the code via SMS also turned out to be problematic in our test, as the app refused our code. It only worked after a third attempt using the Call-me function. We were called from a phone number from the USA, which probably caused additional costs. Vero does not seem to have got this problem under control at the moment.
In our test, the Vero app also turned out to be Battery drain proven. About ten minutes of testing meant an energy loss of about 8%. This is a clear indication that the app is consuming a lot of resources. That too mobile data volume is likely to suffer from Vero. Finally, the app relies on the integration of media. If these are loaded via the mobile network, an extensive timeline can consume a lot of data volume. Users with little data volume and / or weak cell phones are therefore less well advised with Vero: Vero is apparently only optimized for modern devices and powerful networks.
In terms of functionality, there is surprisingly little to criticize about Vero. It is noticeable Lack of emojis. For some users, however, this could be a plus if they want to escape the popular yellow faces. And anyway, the common yellow emojis do not match the rather gloomy overall style of the app, which is why the criticism of the missing emojis is ultimately also a matter of taste. In the area of categorization however, important ones are still missing Categories like Video games and comics. The fact that you cannot post without an attached medium is also unlikely to appeal to all users.
Much of the criticism, however, is directly related to Vero founder Ayman Hariri. The controversies about his person lead to moral concerns among not a few critics as to whether one should use his app at all.
- How do I learn Python data analysis
- It is worth buying a vacation home
- How do we learn English effectively
- What is binary logistic regression
- What kind of tech pays off the most
- What's the name of the people from Hawaii
- Is data science more difficult than software engineering
- Why are Marvel superhero films so popular
- Can I change a vote against Quora?
- Which country has the worst standard breakfast
- Why can't I get better at chess?
- Would you rather be hated or pityed?
- Who should I follow on Medium 1
- Most Swedes don't like Chinese
- Why is Rey so annoying
- How much money can bloggers make
- What is something that is incredibly true
- What can replace fast food
- Which is the smallest 7-digit number
- How interesting is social media marketing
- What are unwritten business rules
- How does lightning occur 4
- Why do geniuses have low EQ
- What is the best beach in myanmar
- Is this excerpt grammatically correct?
- Are humans manipulative by nature
- How a black hole condenses
- Is speed keto a scam
- The stock market is currently overvalued
- How important is India to the world
- How does the feeling feel
- What makes a good blog topic