How do I start in the food industry
Since fish are very rich in fat and protein, fish is the main food in many regions of the world. Its simple preparation and the possibility of being able to easily catch edible fish in many places make it the ideal food. But even in modern countries, fishing is a large market and an important pillar of the food industry.
The classic edible fish can be prepared and served in a wide variety of ways. The most popular is fresh fish. This is untreated and can be offered for some time after the catch, if stored refrigerated at freezing point. Thanks to the improved logistics within the EU, the German market can be supplied with fresh fish from Northern Europe without having to accept major losses in quality. Unfortunately, this also has the disadvantage that the German quota on the fish market is falling more and more.
Fish are particularly rich in protein and are considered valuable due to their high content of omega-3 fatty acids. They are also good sources of iodine. Consuming fish in moderation is a suitable source of nutrients.
Season of fish:
The season of the different fish is different. Despite the year-round fish supply, many types of fish are fished seasonally.
- Trout (March-May)
- Tuna: all year round.
- Herring: different - depending on the fish population
- King prawn
- Eel (Jul-Sep)
- Sea bream
- Zander (July-November)
- Sea bass
A strict separation is not possible here, as there are also species that feel at home in both habitats. Interestingly, the edible pieces of an edible fish are not referred to as meat, but generally as fish, in order to make a clear distinction in the kitchen and by definition.
Sea fish usually exist in larger schools in the sea. Internationally, it is being traded more and more intensively. Fresh fish can be called offers that have remained untreated after being caught at sea. Fresh sea fish is even landed daily by the coastal fishermen, chilled and never frozen, cleaned, gutted or even cut up.
Freshness characteristics of whole sea fish are the brightly colored skin with a water-clear layer of mucus as well as plump and shiny black eyes with curved lenses. The gills should be tight, bright red and free of mucus, the scales should be tight and the smell is like the sea and possibly like seaweed. The fish meat is bluish, translucent, elastic - finger pressure points quickly equalize.
Sea fish from offshore catches with a longer duration are frozen whole or as fillets at -30 to -40 ° C and additionally coated with either an ice glaze or a layer of alginate jelly to prevent the oxidation processes taking place. An older method of preservation is salting. Denaturation of the proteins in the fish tissue extends the shelf life of the sea fish.
Transport of fish
In order to properly transport fresh fish, it is put on ice and transported in special boxes. A popular rumor is that fish stinks, but this is not true. In general, fish spreads a salty or neutral smell, depending on the habitat. In no case does the commercially available fish smell unpleasant or stink. This only occurs if the fish has not been stored correctly or for too long. From this point on, the goods are spoiled and no longer suitable for human consumption.
As a simple guide to check freshness, watch the animal's eyes. If the fish has clear, unclouded eyes, this is a good sign. If the gills are also red, i.e. still lightly supplied with blood and the meat is elastic, the fish is considered absolutely fresh and can be enjoyed without hesitation.
Healthy with marine animals
In English, they are not infrequently referred to as "happy acids", as researchers found in a study that people who regularly eat sea animals are less prone to depression. Even the suicide rate is, with a little imagination, proportional to the annual per capita seafood consumption. In Portugal, for example, cases of suicide and depression are much lower than in Germany. The fish consumption of these two countries is 3.5: 1.
In everyday life, increased consumption of marine animals reduces dull hair, dandruff, brittle nails and skin problems. Another reason in favor of eating mussels, lobster, squid and Co.: they prevent Alzheimer's and dementia.
- Why do some people like to read Lolita
- Why did Bethesda let Skyrim go unfinished
- Here you can download free games
- What is it like to study abroad in Singapore?
- Is Thailand development already close to Malaysia
- Should nationalism override humanity
- Why is there no life manual
- Millionaires receive social security
- Where can you meet a decent man
- Who Needs Bariatric Surgery
- Who wants to own a yacht
- Blogger Marketing is dying
- How do linear data structures work
- What are some expressions of love
- What will the NRA replace
- Originally Trump supported gun control
- Can companies refuse to provide service?
- What is the forbidden reef
- What are the dark sides of Thailand
- Like many brands, Walmart owns
- Why does dark matter not create black holes?
- Sorry for not joining the military
- What is it like to sail through a storm?
- Are all always happy
- What is your drop shipping service
- Will outperform Google Stadia consoles graphically
- Inflation lowers the value of the currency
- How does freedom of speech work
- Why is car insurance compulsory?
- I eat too much bread
- What are TikTok Ads
- Is there something that has no name