Can I start blogging without a 1,000
How do I start a blog? [Beginner's Guide]
A blog is a personal website where you, as a blogger, share your thoughts with your audience. This can happen in the form of texts, videos (vlogging) or as a podcast. It is only important that you express your subjective point of view on a certain topic. Anyone can become a blogger without much effort. This is exactly why blogs are among the most successful websites of all.
To start, see what these two think of blogging:
That was in 2009. More than ten years have passed and nothing has changed.
Blogs are universal.
No matter what interests people, you can blog about it.
As long as YOU write the blog. Someone with personality and an opinion of their own. A real man.
Successful bloggers are good at two things:
- You don't pretend.
- You regularly create content.
So take the chance to write about something you love. Explore an area that fascinates you.
And one day your micro-publishing business can become a real business.
Yes, it's true, bloggers can make a living from work. But they are dependent on these two things.
1. S.ocial proof (social proof)
Internet users are skeptical. Why? Because there's so much nonsense on the web, including blogs.
So you have to make sure that people trust you. And more importantly, people who are willing to show you how much they trust you. Do it, you have Social proof (a social proof).
Here is a short video to show you why social proof is so important:
You have to be talked about. You have to inspire and arouse interest.
A blog without comments is empty. Get active and get in touch with people. Accept the humility of blogging (as Seth Godin mentioned) and be honest.
If you're good, this will pay off on your social proof:
- You're aExpert - An immediate benefit of blogging ... you connect with people through your content. Make sure you are as familiar with the subject as possible! So you are more likely to be perceived as an expert in a certain area.
- You get backlinks - People will link back to your blog on their platforms. You get backlinks, which increases your credibility. This is especially important if you are considering affiliate marketing.
2. Pasive income
You can actually make money with a successful blog.
- Do Affiliate Marketing - Bloggers can make money with affiliate marketing and you don't have to be one of the top bloggers in your field to add to your wallet.
But don't rush. We will deal with passive income later in the guide. First, you need to learn how to create a blog.
We'll show you step by step.
How do I create a blog [6 steps]
This is important. If you create your blog correctly, you will save yourself a lot of work later. We have summarized the process in 6 steps to make things easier for you!
- Name your blog
What's in a name Quite a lot, to be honest. When you start blogging, the first important step is to name your blog.
Keep these two points in mind:
- Choose a name that sums up your content well.
- Make sure the name can be easily searched on Google.
Amazon Affiliate Laura Fuentes decided on the name “MOMables”. Obviously it's about the combination between “Mom” and “Vegetables”.
And it sums up perfectly what Laura does: she posts healthy recipes and kitchen hacks for mothers and family carers.
Our tip: brainstorm and write down a few options.
Many hosting providers will suggest similar alternatives or you can use a name generator that does the job for you.
Regardless of which option you choose, the name of your blog is what your target audience will recognize you by. So find one who is highly relevant and will stay in your mind.
Need some inspiration? Read our branding guide to learn more about wording and style.
2. Choose a hosting provider
It may not seem important, but your choice of hosting provider can have a huge impact on the performance of your blog.
While there are numerous free platforms out there, bloggers who want to make money blogging should choose one that is reliable and that one pays for.
When it comes to domain hosting, these three points are relevant:
Make sure your provider meets the requirements.
- Design your blog
So you have the name and your hosting provider. Excellent! Now that follows Blog design.
Most bloggers use popular blog platforms. These have a simple backend and you don't have to worry about it getting too technical.
Here is a list of the most popular Blog platforms:
- Constant Contact
Most of the CMS platforms are extremely easy to use. So you don't have to be a qualified computer scientist to ensure that your blog looks the way you want it to.
WordPress is a popular choice because it's simple and has a lot of plugins and customization options to choose from. More than 455,000,000 websites use WordPress, including large and well-known sites such as Forbes and TechCrunch.
Every potential target group will get an overall picture of your site through the first visual impression. So make sure she evokes a WOW!
- Customize your platform
Depending on the platform and the CMS, you should add a few plug-ins and widgets.
Plugins are useful tools that help you to optimize your content.
Plug-ins for compressing images automatically reduce their loading time, which helps prevent your readers from wasting their time waiting.
Another popular plug-in is EasyAzon, which you can use to integrate affiliate marketing links for Amazon partners.
There are tons of tools and plug-ins out there, but still keep the mantra “slowly but surely” in mind.
You don't have a deadline. So use those plug-ins that you think will help you immediately ... others can be added later.
Every plug-in slows down the CMS and if you install poorly maintained plug-ins it can have a negative impact on the security of your site. Install new ones if the situation so requires.
More on this: Here are the top 10 most useful WordPress plugins for bloggers.
- Start creating your content
Once you've decided on your name and website design, you will likely know what's next in terms of content. Again, a solid strategy will save you time and make sure your posts follow a cohesive path.
With a content editorial plan or content calendar you will have an overview of which posts should be published and when. This enables you to cover the essential topics and to organize your research productively.
By thinking ahead, you can also analyze the competition. This will help you find out how to stand out from her - with a fresh perspective.
But how and where do you find topics for your editorial plan?
brainstorming is simple but effective. Just write down as many ideas and terms that you associate with your blog topic as possible. Or lead a monologue and ask yourself questions on the topic. If you were interested in something, it may well be that your potential target group asked themselves that too.
Another great option is analytics tools like Google Trends. Here you can see what terms are being searched for in combination with your main topic, and then decide what to write about.
After you have gathered some good ideas, you need to organize yourself and the process with the help of a table. Here you can list ideas and sort them according to the following criteria:
- How well do they fit your blog topic?
- How popular are they with your readership?
- How Much Blog Traffic Could They Generate?
It's also worth checking what other bloggers are doing in your niche and which posts have the most engagement or have been shared.
But make sure that your content is creative and unique!
There's only one rule to keep in mind before your blog goes live: never start with a completely blank page.
You should have a few posts on hand so your readers can scroll down and explore your site in more depth. The more content you have on your site right from the start, the more relaxed you can work through your content editorial plan!
- Market your content and make money
The name, the platform, the content editorial plan ... Check ✅ - your blog has now taken its shape. Now you need to think about your target audience and ask yourself how they can best find your blog.
Marketing your content will help you reach your target audience.
In other words, you have to communicate with people. You MUST get active!
Do you need motivation Then watch this video:
In fact, Brian Dean, the founder of Backlinko, says he spends 20% of his time writing content and 80% marketing it. You have to reach out to people so that they take up your ideas and make your content successful.
As a blogger, you have many options to market yourself.
Try a mix of strategies and find out which one suits you best!
- Use social media - Don't limit yourself to the so-called friend zone (on social networks)! Share the content with your friends and family and also market it on relevant pages. For example, if you're writing about fashion or design, comment on a magazine's Facebook post with a link to your website.
- Conduct interviews - You can grow your readership by connecting with well-known bloggers. If he / she is already established, you will generate both content and promotion for your own site.
- Invest in your network - Be in touch with other bloggers through comments and social media. This is how you make a name for yourself within a specific area. If you have a positive dynamic, the famous bloggers will mention you more often in their posts.
- Create a mailing list - If you have tried so hard to win over readers, it is advisable to maintain this traffic with a mailing list or a subscription. Your readership should feel connected to you - and that works best with regular and appealing content.
Asking your readers to subscribe to your mailing list is an essential means of retaining them - even if you are usually used to closing these "Subscribe Now" pop-ups.
Create a membership form in your posts or use a pop-up window on your homepage. This way you will collect email addresses quickly and easily. Once you have these subscribers, you can manage your newsletters with services like MailChimp.
By informing your readership of new content, you drive your traffic, people talk about your blog and are always up to date.
How do I make money blogging?
As a blogger, there are several ways you can make money. This process is called monetization. Even so, it's important for bloggers to stay authentic.
If there's one thing you should know about monetizing your blog, it is:
Blog content ≠ Commercial content.
Yes, bloggers market products. But they NEVER advertise them.
Content marketing is one of the most important marketing strategies today, thanks to the blogosphere.
People trust real bloggers with honest content. Companies don't necessarily trust them.
This is how bloggers make money:
- Affiliate marketing - You recommend products or services and receive a commission.
- Sponsored Posts - Companies pay you when you guest post on your blog.
- Sale of advertising space - When your blog has traffic, companies will pay to advertise on your page.
- Consultation - Share your expertise with corporate teams.
- Webinars - Share your knowledge with users who pay for it.
Find out more in our in-depth guide to affiliate marketing.
You now know the technical details. Your platform is live. You created your content.
Now just sit back and relax and enjoy a cup of tea, huh?
Not quite. While blogging isn't a very hassle, there are a few rules that you should keep in mind right from the start. Dive into our guides on SEO and content marketing (coming soon!), There you will find a lot of useful advice.
- What should I do in Jogjakarta
- What happens when you boil alkaline water
- Why are data scientists fired
- What's bad about marijuana
- What does lead poisoning do to you
- How is a vacuum created
- How currency demonetization affects forex
- Did your mom see you were having sex?
- How can I deal with my family
- Cameras can catch shoplifters
- Why do many people call football football?
- Why has human life expectancy increased?
- How many Jews were killed in World War II
- How does racist behavior differ between cultures
- Anti-gravity is a theoretical possibility
- How do ad exchange and SSP work
- Who like chinese food
- Which part of the body dies first
- Why can't I understand obvious things quickly
- Eloping is a good idea
- How do I know who to trust
- What is the most expensive samurai sword
- Is sex really that important?
- What should i do when i visit singapore