Bsc H vs Bsc Physics
All courses from A-Z
The B.Sc. Physics is divided into a compulsory and an elective area (supplementary subjects). There is also a voluntary orientation area. Its core is formed by a mathematical preliminary course and the orientation events for freshmen.
By the end of the second subject semester, proof of at least one passed examination of the compulsory subject (experimental physics, theoretical physics, mathematics, internships) must be provided.
General note: With the Bachelor of Science, students obtain their first professional qualification. However, the Master of Science is the standard qualification at TU Darmstadt. We therefore recommend completing a master’s degree.
Study and examination plan
Regulations of the course
Department of Physics
Inform, decide, participate:
hobit, TUDay, student mentoring, can I STEM?
Physics is a basic science that aims to quantitatively capture nature and describe it using generally applicable laws. Physical knowledge has shaped our scientific worldview. They are also the basis for the technical development of our society.
In addition to a talent for mathematics and physics, the prerequisites for the course include an interest in natural sciences, curiosity and the ability to learn and work independently.
A prerequisite for a successful course of study are therefore In-depth knowledge of the natural science subjects of mathematics, physics and chemistry. It is important for the students, especially in the first semesters, to be able to reliably fall back on a solid academic knowledge base in these subjects.
Physicists usually work in internationally networked research groups. The language in which research results are exchanged is English. There should be a willingness to deepen English skills.
The students should not only be interested in the results and applications, but also in the physical methodology, since methodology is as important in physics as the knowledge itself. Not least because the interplay of Theory and experiment have become exemplary for many other scientific disciplines, physicists can be employed in various fields.
Let's go: just study!
General remark: With the Bachelor of Science, students obtain their first professional qualification. However, the Master of Science is the standard qualification at TU Darmstadt. We therefore recommend completing a master’s degree.
Please note that admission to a master’s course may be linked to additional content requirements. This applies in particular to non-consecutive courses of study (i.e. with a bachelor's degree in a different subject or field of study than the desired master's degree) or for applicants from other universities. If you have any questions, please contact the academic advisory service of the desired department.
Energy Science and Engineering (M.Sc.)
Technology and Philosophy (M.A.)
According to experience, the spectrum of activities of physics graduates is constantly expanding. Today, physicists work, among other things, in basic and industrial research, in application-related development, on planning and testing tasks in industry and administration, in consulting and sales, in banking, in politics and management and in academic teaching. In various fields of activity, innovative problem solutions are required and novel questions are examined. In order to meet the requirements for such tasks, a sufficiently broad basic knowledge of experimental and theoretical physics and the mathematics required for this is required. Current examples for the rapid implementation of physical research results in technical applications are semiconductor technology and optoelectronics as the basis for communication and data technology, and laser physics as the basis for modern optics and material processing and for medical applications
- What is knowledge
- How does a dropship payment system work
- Why are there so few B2B marketplaces
- How many groschen are in 100 billion
- How much does CPL cost
- Did testosterone increase your sex drive
- Is the ocean really blue
- What's your cheapest guilty pleasure
- Have you cured cancer naturally?
- Commodity money has an intrinsic value
- What is the most expensive consumer yacht
- What are the main disadvantages of government agencies
- London versus LA
- How are people who buy groceries wrong
- What is the future of e-commerce
- How is the class at Harvard University
- Regret moving to Germany
- What is special about muons
- Anorexic stomachs always growl
- When do the tariffs end?
- What's wrong with celebrating the New Year
- What's your best blog post
- How do I achieve enlightenment through yoga
- What is portfolio investment or portfolio diversification
- Should Quora allow corporate accounts
- Where to order an Android app
- Dogs know death exists
- Does IISER Bhopal only offer vegetarian food
- Are intelligent people secretly without a lot of emotions
- What is the most mind-boggling theory
- How can I find a good healer
- Do you ever get lost drawing?
- Dogs know people who are not dogs
- Incest is legal in Japan