What is English as a language
English How the English language became the world language
Average rating: 4.10 of 5 with 30 votes.
Because there are so many different languages on earth, it is useful to have a language that everyone speaks or understands - at least a little. This task has mainly been done by English since the 19th century. How it came about is here.
From: Kathrin Hasselbeck
Status: November 20, 2018
The expansion of the British Empire, the British Empire. The English began very early, around 1500, to sail the oceans and conquer foreign countries. So it came about that in the 19th century Australia, New Zealand, India, parts of China and Africa and North America, among others, were under English rule. In some of these countries, English has established itself as the main national language.
Nowadays, America, or rather the USA, has a great influence on world affairs. America often sets the tone in politics and economics, but above all in modern pop music - including, of course, Great Britain, which is also English-speaking. Whether rock'n'roll, swing, blues, hip-hop or rap - everything made in USA or made in the UK. Since this music is heard in almost every country in the world, the language in which it is sung also spreads.
Incidentally, while English is the most widely spoken language in the world, it is not the most widely spoken. Only the standard Chinese language Mandarin is spoken by a lot more people because there are so many Chinese in the world. For comparison: "Only" around 320 million people speak English as their mother tongue, while Mandarin is spoken by around 870 million Chinese! However, if you count all people among the native English speakers who have learned English as their own language, then you are even catching up with the Chinese: Worldwide, up to a billion people can speak and understand English. So instead of having to learn the many thousands of languages in the world in order to be able to converse with people, English is simply used as a language bridge on which to meet. That's great, isn't it?
- When does a girl feel horny?
- What is analytical chromatography
- Rome was ahead of its time
- Why are factory workers treated badly
- How do you hang up suit pants?
- Why are you participating in the PhD program
- Why do we measure heat in temperature
- Is breastfeeding okay for the husband?
- What's your least favorite cookie
- What did Emperor Justinian and Theodora achieve
- Which food protein should you have every day?
- What are some reviews of IQ Option
- Is violence a new form of nationalism
- Can the mind exist without a brain
- Filipino girls like older men
- What is VPS hosting
- What weighs 200 grams
- What is the profitable YouTube niche
- How has technology improved human relationships
- Why do police officers no longer wear shoulder holsters?
- What is the best business strategy
- What's wrong with being an agnostic
- Who defeated the Romans?
- What is longevity