What's better than Black Friday
Why Black Friday is far better than Amazon Prime Day for deals
So big is Amazon's empire that it has managed to turn an annual sale into a semi-official holiday. Amazon Prime Day has grown into a 36-hour shopping celebration with shoppers tied to phones and computers for a bargain, but it can't match the international retail extravaganza Black Friday.
Well, that is, the Bezos brand is one of the biggest players during the November buying frenzy - the Amazon Black Friday deals are rolling in earlier than many suspect.
- Amazon Black Friday is offering us
- Amazon Black Friday offers UK
Amazon Prime Day started in 2015 and gave customers a reason to break open their wallets in the middle of the year and urged them to try Amazon Prime.
However, you don't need Prime to take advantage of Black Friday deals and free delivery. Deals are available to everyone, and Amazon has announced that US shipping charges will be waived November 5th through Christmas.
Offers for everyone
Another key difference between Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day is the number of participating retailers.
Other retailers have dived into Prime Day's cloak (like Ebuyer with the cheekily named Optimus Day), and some others promise special discounts throughout the year, but Prime Day is still an Amazon-only deal.
Prime Day is also rather limited in terms of space. Black Friday started in the United States. Stores slumped in prices to lure customers the day after Thanksgiving, and their popularity has led retailers around the world to follow suit.
In contrast, Prime Day is a slightly more local affair. This was the first year Amazon offered special discounts to subscribers in Australia, Singapore, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg. However, it still doesn't have the global reach of Black Friday.
Interestingly, however, Black Friday is known as White Friday in the United Arab Emirates - a name taken from the Amazon owned souq.com.
Then there is the duration. Amazon is pushing the definition of "day" to the limit with a 36-hour Prime Day, but Black Friday is even more of a timing anomaly that extends from Friday at midnight to the following Monday at 11:59 pm.
Some retailers offer even more options and offer discounts for a whole week or more. So you can skim off the offers without having to worry about refreshing the browser.
Amazon itself is rushing into Black Friday especially early and has given us a glimpse of the best deals on its own technology that we can expect in the run-up to Black Friday.
Its Echo speakers, Kindle Fire tablets, and Echo smart plugs will all be discounted in November.
We'll be looking for the best tech deals throughout Black Friday. So keep an eye on TechRadar's best Black Friday deals to make sure you never miss out on a bargain on something you really want.
- Find the best deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Are ants attracted to artificial sweeteners?
- Are Samoans classified as black
- Where can you live like in the Middle Ages
- What are the funniest R packages
- What are the names of Chinese dumplings
- Are brokers overpaid
- Will the Chinese yuan go up
- How is the ranking at FMS DU
- What is the capital of Kuala Lumpur
- What motivated you to eat healthier
- How do you hang up suit pants?
- What are some ironies of education
- What is the use of bean bags
- Why does my tortoise bite its shell
- How can one earn through freelance com
- Why do US Navy ships keep crashing?
- Is home cleaning service covered by Medicare?
- Why do young children have tantrums
- How is your current relationship going
- Why do we as humans need confirmation
- Why does Quora pay to ask questions
- Monkeys eat unripe bananas
- Why and where is teamwork important
- Is sex mandatory after marriage