Buy too much food
Why overeating is food waste too
Obesity should be seen as a waste of food, say scientists from Italy. This means that almost two thirds of Germany's population would be chronic food wasters. The team led by nutritionist Mauro Serafini has calculated how much excessive food people overweight must have eaten in order to build up their excess body fat. According to their study, for example, the inhabitants of Italy consumed a total of 2.081 million tons of superfluous food for their excess weight. The global excess weight is equivalent to 140 million tons of food.
This excess of food is produced, processed and transported - this has enormous ecological effects. Serafini, for example, puts the CO2 equivalents of overeating at 240 million tons - that's roughly the amount that the entire state of Egypt caused in 2018. Animal products such as meat, milk, cheese and eggs have the greatest influence; also because feed must be grown in advance for the animals.
"Nobody should be forced to become a vegetarian"
“Nevertheless, nobody should be forced to become a vegetarian,” said Serafini. It's about finding the balance: if you like meat, you should eat it quietly - but avoid other animal products. And if you have eaten too much with friends one day a week, you should be careful to eat less in the next two days.
A bigger problem is that many people eat too much over the years and continuously build up excess weight: “It's very simple: you gain weight when you eat more than you need. And so you waste food. " The calculations show how complex the subject is: If someone likes to eat well and plentifully - is this enjoyment or waste? And what does that mean for athletes who prepare for a marathon and consume significantly more food for it? Serafini replies that in this case food intake is not unnecessary - it is only when it leads to obesity.
Food waste is a global problem: a third of the food produced worldwide is never eaten. The search for someone to blame shows that waste lurks where it is not expected: in oneIn the five-part series, we look at surprising findings on the subject of food waste. Here you can find part 1, part 2 and part 4.#Subjects
- Can games be played like
- What is target group communication
- What is an ICICI FASTag account
- How well do the Singaporeans speak Mandarin
- Should I go to ASU or NAU
- How much are 30 ml in tablespoons
- Why is it difficult to start saving
- Which country has the worst looking people?
- How do you convert feet to centimeters?
- How can I download Server ID Videos
- Why do I get hiccups after eating
- Where is new money going?
- What are questions and answers
- What is Australia New Zealand famous for
- What causes prostate problems
- What is psychology 49
- Why is money considered the greatest invention
- What are some unique places on earth
- How can I get a British wife
- What is electronic commerce
- How will India be in 2030
- What is the Melbourne Trains Daily Drivership
- What are the best video game blogs
- What features characterize the Michigan accent