How do young earth creationists explain linguistics
Boy Earth Creationism
The Boy Earth Creationism (EnglishYoung Earth creationism) is a direction of creationism that assumes that the earth and life on it were created by the direct action of God at most 10,000 years ago. It is represented by believers who assume that the six days of creation and one rest day mentioned in Genesis correspond to 24 hours each and that they seamlessly describe the first week after an absolute beginning of time. The content of the entire Bible is, in their eyes, a truthful historical account from which the order of magnitude of the time that has passed since can be calculated. The followers are also of the opinion that the statements of the Bible in the context of a creation science take precedence over natural science or at least equal status.
History of Young Earth Creationism
Characteristic of Young Earth Creationism
Young earth creationists are often Orthodox Jews or evangelical Christians who view the creation account from Genesis as a historically accurate and mostly also an infallible factual account.
The defining quality of this variant of creationism is the view that the earth is “young”, namely on the order of 6,000 to 10,000 years. (For comparison: the usual age of the earth is 4.5 billion years.) This age is derived from the genealogical data of the 1st book of Moses and other dates of the Bible. The calculation is similar to the system established by the Irish Archbishop James Ussher (1581–1656), who put creation on the year 4004 BC. Dated.
Young earth creationists believe that life on earth was created by God in the course of 6 days of creation of 24 hours each in the form of basic types or defined types (“according to their type”). They also believe that the biblical account of the Flood is historically true and that a global flood approximately 4,500 years ago destroyed all life on earth, except for those who were saved in Noah's Ark.
Young Earth creationists contradict the theory of evolution as well as many theories in other scientific fields such as physics, chemistry, astronomy and geology: They reject the values of absolute physical and chemical dating methods as unreliable. You can see the geologically essential shape of today's earth's surface due to the consequences of catastrophes, such as the flood. They also reject the random development of planets, the solar system or the universe. For linguistics, they postulated the creation of all languages through the confusion of Babel (Babelism). Neanderthals see them as specimens of now-time man in a particularly old age and suspect errors in dating methods for fossil finds older than 5000 to 6000 years. In particular, they consider no explanation of the origin of the world, which God, as the creator of the universe, life and species described in the Bible, replaces by processes that can be understood purely by natural science, as possible.
They are of the opinion that naturalism and actualism (uniformitarianism) as a basic scientific principle are unsuitable for describing the world (completely). The supporters of the thesis believe that the scientific (especially the geological) data and individual geological paradoxes (cf. paradox of the weak young sun) can be better explained with the assumption of a young earth and a singular catastrophism in relation to the flood.
Young earth creationists contradict the scientific knowledge that the dinosaurs became extinct 65 million years ago because the earth is only about 6,000 years old. Therefore, in circles of Young Earth creationists the theory is advocated that the dinosaurs drowned in the Flood.
In the book The Genesis Flood from 1961 by Henry M. Morris theorized that dinosaurs and humans lived together before the Flood. This view is represented in several creationist museums (such as the Creation Museum or the Creation Evidence Museum). Another theory is that dinosaurs survived the Flood and continued to exist as dragons. Some Christians argue that the Bible has already talked about dinosaurs. A monster named “Behemoth” (Job 40: 15–24) is mentioned in the Bible. Some creationists see the monster Leviathan as a reference to dinosaurs. Some creationists suggest that dinosaurs survived in Australia and that Aboriginal people reported about them. On the Answers in Genesis website, Kenneth "Ken" Ham argues that dinosaurs were on Noah's ark and only later became extinct because they ran out of food. Dinosaurs could have been the dragons ancient stories tell of.
Essential contributions to the modern theological understanding of geology, paleontology and anthropology come from the Jesuit, geologist and anthropologist Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. Teilhard's writings were in great conflict with church authorities during his lifetime, but were posthumously sold in millions and also found increasing recognition within the church. He did not see creation as something "once" closed, but as an ongoing process that is in no way in opposition to evolution. His considerations on the evolution of man, especially with regard to his intellectual and spiritual aspects, coincide in some aspects with the Indian philosopher Aurobindo Ghose, who regards the human being currently living as a transitional being to a higher level of development.
These views are not shared by the mostly evangelical young earth creationists. According to their understanding of the Bible, 1 Mos 1: 1–10 is understood EU not as a myth, but as a factual report. You do this among other things. at the following points:
- The form of this passage from the Bible corresponds to a reporting style in which historical facts are also described in other parts of the Bible.
- The creation account is taken as a fact later in the Bible. In particular, Jesus himself relates to creation (Mark 10: 6 EU) and the Flood (Matthew 24:37 EU) and thus confirmed it as truth.
- You see in 2 Petr 3: 1-7 EU (especially verse 5) a fulfilled prophecy that people would not believe in the Flood in later times.
Strict Christian creationists also point out that, according to the Bible, death only came into the world as a result of the sin of the first humans (e.g. Rom 5:12 EU and 1 Cor 15:21 EU), whereas in all evolutionist varieties the ancestors of humans are subject to mortality right back to the first unicellular organisms.
- ↑ Studium Generale "The Hohenheim Tree Ring Calendar - 14,600 Years of the Environment and Climate Archives from Central Europe"
- ↑ Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District
- ↑ Ronald L. Numbers: The creationist. University of California Press, Berkeley 1993, ISBN 0-520-08393-8, pp. 79-81.
- ↑ Article in the mirror
- ↑Dinosaurs and the Bible. Clarifying Christianity '. 2005. Retrieved March 14, 2007.
- ↑Claim CH711.1: Leviathan as a dinosaur. TalkOrigins Archive. Retrieved March 14, 2007.
- ↑Dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark: US museum. ABC News (Australia). Retrieved November 6, 2007.
- ↑ Rebecca Driver: Australia’s Aborigines ... did they see dinosaurs?. In: Answers in Genesis (Ed.): Creation. 21, No. 1, May. Retrieved March 14, 2007.
- ^ Dinosaurs and the Bible - Answers in Genesis
- Die spiders in the vacuum cleaner
- Why is scientific computing not particularly fashionable?
- Can a TB patient recover
- Should we fight obesity
- Why are so many Filipinos poor 3
- Which villain actually had a point
- The Romans were racist
- How do you recognize an innovative idea?
- Which foods are part of a healthy diet?
- How common is toxoplasmosis in domestic cats
- Are dogs aware of the length of time
- What if Mercury suddenly disappears?
- Can you live on a military retirement?
- What surprised you about Pakistan?
- Why do you hate Dr. Zakir Naik
- What should climbers avoid?
- Which question in science answers itself
- What prevents asteroids from hitting Earth
- What are the health benefits of garlic
- How valuable is it to eat healthily
- Can Lysol kill you
- What can I do for campus selection?
- How do I become a successful partner
- What are your favorite educational puzzle games