What do starfish eat in aquariums
Starfish are considered exotic eye-catchers in aquariums - but not everyone is suitable for every tank. If kept incorrectly, the animals can even become cannibals.
The starfish fascinates with bright colors, its shape looks like it was painted. This makes it an eye-catcher in the saltwater aquarium - but also a demanding roommate.
If you want to spruce up your aquarium with the colorful animal, you should above all think about how it will find enough to eat in the tank, recommends the Industry Association for Pet Supplies (IVH).
Many species of starfish only survive in well-matured, large reef aquariums, in which they can find a large number of flower animals and algae. Algae coverings with the small animals they contain are like a buffet for starfish. If they don't get enough of it, cannibalism can result, says the biologist Daniel Konn-Vetterlein.
Therefore, not too many starfish should be kept in an aquarium. Some species such as the pillow starfish can also grow up to 40 centimeters in size and then mainly use immobile roommates such as anemones and corals. Starfish not only eat other animals, they also quickly become prey for certain fish and shrimp themselves, says the expert.
Holders of goosefoot starfish - a species that reproduces asexually and reproduces strongly - poses a completely different problem. They can flood the reef aquarium in a very short time. (dpa)
- Is Toluna a real paid survey site
- Who taught you how to love
- Do people want to learn Chinese
- What is an ad hoc fee
- Are there sane people
- Paul Dirac is the best physicist of all time
- How can I restore my Gmail account
- What rhymes with metro
- What was it like to be a school bully
- How do you start your Monday
- What is the DNA microarray analysis used for?
- Why is lesbian sex more satisfying
- What should I know about rambutans
- What is the story of cow dumping
- How would you define evil
- What is kilobyte
- Vegetarians have problems in Germany
- Why does Bolivia have two capitals
- What do ladybugs eat in captivity
- Why doesn't affiliate marketing work
- What are Quora Credits 3
- Why are self-help books so popular
- Gave Chegg money for wrong answers
- Why should we follow our passion