What are the rules of netball
The netball rules and regulations of the game
Netball is the result of a misunderstanding between a man who developed an indoor game for "high spirits" young men at a YMCA and a gym teacher in New Orleans who requested a copy of his rules. The YMCA game was basketball. When the New Orleans teacher read the diagrams, she mistakenly concluded that the players could not move on the court but had to stay in position. This is how she taught her students the game in 1891. Her version of the game became women's basketball, then evolved into netball. Netball became an official Olympic sport in 1995.
Netball is played in four quarters of 15 minutes each. There is a three-minute break between the first and second quarters and between the third and fourth quarters. There is also a five-minute half. A timeout of two minutes is allowed for a violation.
A netball court measures 100 feet by 50 feet and is divided lengthwise into thirds. Lines mark the boundaries of the thirds. A semicircle, called a "shooting circle", marks each end of the course. Evaluation shots can only be made within these circles.
Netball teams consist of seven players: the goalkeeper, the goal attack, the wing attack, the center, the wing defense, the goal defense and the goalkeeper. Each player bears the initials of his position on the shirt. Only the goal attack and the goalkeeper are allowed to shoot baskets.
No player is allowed to hold the ball for more than three seconds. The ball moves around the field of play, switching from one player to the other to move it towards the basket for a possible score. Once a player catches the ball, he must keep one foot firmly on the field of play until he has thrown it to another player. Players are not allowed to move outside of their designated area. For example, the goalscorer may never leave the third of the pitch to which the goal circle under the opposing team's basket belongs. Players are not allowed to make physical contact with each other. Once a player releases the ball and throws it to a teammate, he cannot accidentally be the next player to touch him.
- What is 40 lakhs in US dollars
- What is the sqrt 121
- Why is there a minimum wage 1
- What is the best medicine for vomiting
- Who doesn't like you
- Can the light particle be generated
- What is 250 grams to ounces?
- What is the simplest boss of the dark souls
- How can you always stay happy
- Which places on earth are currently uninhabited?
- Is beauty a sign of intelligence?
- How do you read books
- Why are cloudy nights warmer
- What is breathing
- UX designs a great career option
- How vegan friendly is Taiwan
- What is dark matter Does it exist
- Do sharks ever bite submarines
- What is the USSD gateway
- Why is rugby so popular in Australia
- Who are the toughest cricketers ever
- How much money can bloggers make
- How romantic do you feel right now
- How can I protect my business idea by copyright?