Can non-doctors open a pharmacy
Open a pharmacy | You have to pay attention to all of these
- Business ideas
Most people are surprised to find how easy it is to start a business. In many cases, you don't even need special training or a corresponding degree to become self-employed in this or that industry. The situation is completely different in the case of pharmacies. Who one Open a pharmacy would like to, must not only have the appropriate professional background, but also meet a whole range of regulations. How you manage to successfully open a pharmacy despite all the hurdles - you will find out in this article.
Why is it so difficult to open a pharmacy?
If you are wondering why there are so many obstacles in your way when you intend to open a pharmacy, here is the answer: As a pharmacist, you take on an enormous amount of responsibility. Not only do they give people the medication they have been prescribed by their doctor, but in many cases they decide independently what is good for the patient. Regardless of whether it's flu, diarrhea, rash or aching limbs - most people who are in poor health go to the pharmacy first before they see a doctor. This not only saves time, but is also much cheaper, especially for those with private insurance.
Exactly for this reason - namely because many people believe that pharmacies are a good alternative to visiting the doctor - and you can improve people's health every day, but also worsen it, it takes so much effort to open a pharmacy.
The first step to your own pharmacy: become a pharmacist
In order to be able to open a pharmacy, you must first complete the professional training of the pharmacist. Without the appropriate degree, you will have no chance of getting approval for your own pharmacy.
To become a pharmacist, you must first study pharmacy and then complete a year of practical training. In the course of this training you will acquire extensive scientific knowledge. The focus here is on the different modes of action of drugs. But biology, chemistry and herbal medicine are also important components of the course and practical training.
At this point it should be expressly pointed out that becoming a pharmacist is no picnic. The requirements are high and not every budding pharmacist can withstand the pressure in the long term. In addition to the extremely high professional requirements (as a pharmacist, you have to master hundreds of drugs and their mode of action from the FF) there is also the great responsibility that you have towards your customers. Every mistake, no matter how small, that you make while working as a pharmacist can have serious consequences.
If you have finally mastered all the challenges and proven that you are a capable pharmacist, you not only have your state examination behind you, but also the opportunity to apply for a license to practice medicine. This is absolutely necessary if you want to open a pharmacy.
info: As a pharmaceutical-technical assistant or pharmaceutical-commercial employee, you can work in a pharmacy, but you cannot manage it. You do not have the opportunity to obtain a license to practice medicine for this.
Pharmacies are businesses that require a license: What does that mean in concrete terms?
When you have your license to practice medicine, you are a huge step closer to your dream of having your own pharmacy. However, the goal is far from being achieved.
Pharmacies are among the trades that require a license. Other business models that fall under this include, for example, financial service providers, casinos and betting shops. The obligation to obtain a permit underlines once again what a great responsibility you assume as a pharmacist.
In order to get the permit for your business, you have to submit a whole series of documents to the local trade office. These include, among others:
- a medical health certificate
- a police clearance certificate
- Rental or purchase agreement for premises
Which legal form for a pharmacy?
Pharmacies are usually founded as sole proprietorships. This legal form has a number of advantages, but also has disadvantages. Both sides should be briefly examined at this point.
Advantages of sole proprietorship
- Little bureaucratic effort: If you have permission to open a pharmacy, registering the trade is almost child's play. After completing a trade license and the tax registration questionnaire, you will receive a tax number and can get started.
- No start-up capital required: In order to be able to set up a pharmacy as a sole proprietorship, you do not need to have a fixed start-up or share capital.
Disadvantage of sole proprietorship
- Liability with private assets: If your dream of having your own pharmacy fails, you are not only liable with your business assets, but also with your private ones. Therefore, make sure that you always cover yourself adequately.
Where can you open a pharmacy everywhere?
Unlike doctors, pharmacists in Germany enjoy freedom of establishment. Specifically, this means: You can open a pharmacy wherever you want. Despite this freedom, however, it makes sense to think about the ideal location for a pharmacy in advance.
- Near a doctor's office or medical center: Probably the perfect location for a pharmacy is in the immediate vicinity of a doctor's office. Have several doctors teamed up or is there even a real medical center on site? All the better! Doctors' offices in the immediate vicinity ensure that customers always come by your pharmacy. The majority of patients appreciate the fact that they don't have to look for a pharmacy first, but that they can find it right next to / under the doctor's office.
- In city centers and shopping malls: If the location of your pharmacy is particularly central - for example in a busy shopping and pedestrian mall, it may not be so bad if the nearest doctor is a little further away. In this case, the surrounding shops ensure that customers become aware of your pharmacy.
- In larger communities: Not every small village absolutely needs a pharmacy, but in larger towns with more than 2000 inhabitants it makes perfect sense to set up as a pharmacist. Because this is where your most important target group lives: old people.
Open a pharmacy: You have to reckon with these expenses
In order to be able to open a pharmacy, you not only need appropriate training and permission, but also money. A list of common expenses will give you a sense of how much startup capital to expect.
- Furnishing and interior work
Would you like to provide more information on the subject of pharmacies? Then take a look at the start-up platform, from the idea to the foundation, simply explained and accompanied.
More business ideas
- What aquariums do great white sharks have
- Are AK 47 still made
- Can defeat Magneto Thanos
- You can use Instagram for Amazon partners
- Are there any indications of life on Mars
- What is blogspot com
- What is private life for you
- Is that evil a necessity?
- How do US high schools work
- How is grammar different from punctuation
- Is diabetes a deadly disease
- Why can't we use sea water
- What are the best Vietnamese noodle soups
- Why are thin people always bullied?
- Police officers practice shooting
- Who is the hottest female anime character
- Why is Cognac pronounced Kon Yak
- Is it bad to seriously hate reality?
- How popular is JD com in China
- What is the best microphone for home recording
- What distracted you
- Can you practice multiple sports in college?
- What are some ClickFunnels examples
- Do B2B companies need an app