What is a brass hammer made for?
The Rosenheim brass hammer
The Rosenheim brass hammer, at that time the first and only brass factory in the Electorate of Bavaria, was founded on July 21, 1717. The work was created on the site of a copper hammer that was acquired by the trades and rebuilt according to their needs. As early as 1803, a copper hammer was put back into operation in addition to brass production.
The factory existed for about 100 years and shaped a piece of economic history in Rosenheim, as one can speak of the first industrialization in Rosenheim here.
The brass works must have been shut down between 1829 and 1863. The successor was the "machine factory, iron and copper hammer mill and grinding mill" of the Beilhack brothers.
Around the brass works, later the machine factory, the district "Am Hammer", which is still called today, grew over the course of time.
Text: Ingeborg Armbrüster
Source: City calendar "Pictures from Alt-Rosenheim", 1995/7
- Are smokers good for the planet
- What's the best part about losing
- Which Roman emperor killed his brother?
- Why is the Bible moral
- Can a relationship survive infidelity in May and December
- Why did Poseidon raped Medusa
- Is it difficult to leave Freemasonry?
- How does internet speed work 1
- How do you emigrate to the Maldives
- What is the hardest part of a triathlon
- How was the day on your birthday
- What adjectives describe water
- How often do Indians say Namaste
- Why do people forget their promises
- Why is the United States so religious
- Cancer can be reversed
- A normal person cannot have empathy
- Nepalese people work in Singapore
- How can I be a great scientist
- Women love to watch men masturbate
- How magnets pull each other off
- Why can't everything be free and unconditional?
- What's on your pc
- Why doesn't Apple care about Africa?