Why does solar energy cost so much
What does a photovoltaic system cost?
The so-called funding cap for photovoltaics has fallen, so it is clear: solar power systems on private houses can also be financially worthwhile in the future. In order for a small solar power plant to run economically, it must not be too expensive to buy.
Our price index provides an overview of the average prices for solar power systems. The basis is the evaluation of 2100 real offers from 2019, which HTW Berlin carried out on behalf of the NRW consumer center.
The data show that general guidelines per kilowatt peak (kWp) can be misleading if they do not take into account the overall size of the system. Because the investment does not grow proportionally with the size of the system. The more power a system has, the lower the price per kilowatt peak rated power. This is shown, for example, by comparing a system with 4 kWp nominal output with a 16 kWp system: Four times the output costs only three times the price. One of the reasons for this is that the installation costs are less significant, the larger the system. As a result, the more power it delivers, the better the economic balance of a photovoltaic system. If you have financial leeway, you should therefore make full use of the roof area of your house.
Very small systems can even be negative business despite the feed-in tariff. Anyone who puts about 4 kWp into operation today and consumes no more than 3000 kilowatt hours of electricity themselves per year is in the red when the costs of system operation are included over a period of 20 years. The reason is that the remuneration has continued to fall, but in contrast to their big siblings, small systems are not cheaper - they are more expensive. For systems from around 5 kWp, however, a financial plus is still the rule.
There is a wide spread around the average prices within the individual size classes. You should therefore always obtain, check and compare several offers. There can also be good reasons for an upward deviation. In any case, you should have the specialist company explain this to you. Pay attention not only to the price, but also to the completeness of the offer.
- Why do people use Instagram
- Who will deliver food to my address
- Jeff Bezos is antisocial
- Why is fast food so cheap
- Why aren't we all the same?
- What is full funnel marketing
- What is a quarter
- Can we fill the room with air?
- Is the Khan Academy a MOOC
- What is business-to-business cold calling
- What would happen if you drank formaldehyde?
- Why can't I travel to another dimension
- Why are some violins worth millions?
- How bad is second hand smoke
- Is Bill Gates a Democrat or a Republican
- How does Clickbank work
- Contribute IPL matches to India's GDP
- What are the best laptops for developers
- Which ClickBank Products Are Best Selling 1
- Should I go to ASU or NAU
- Where are Louis Vuitton handbags made
- Which currency is used in Germany?
- What do you think of refugees
- What is Affiliate Marketing and CPA