What does the Starbucks symbol really mean
The story of the Starbucks logo
In 1971 Starbucks was founded in Seattle by 3 partners Jerry Baldwin, Zev Siegl, and Gordon Bowker. Since their designer Terry Heckler advised them to do so, the original name Pequod was soon changed to Starbucks. The original logo, which depicts a mermaid with two flippers, came from Heckler's idea. In Greek mythology, this mermaid lured sailors to the coast of an island called Starbuck. That is why they used the image of the siren to entice coffee lovers to drink it with them.
The logo was changed drastically in 1987 when the company went from Starbucks Coffee Tea and Spice to Starbucks Coffee. While the company was being acquired by Howard Schultz, the logo was given a clean design and the green color added to represent freshness and growth.
After it was redesigned in 1992, the third version of the logo was even more refined. The siren's navel disappears and she herself moves closer to the frame.
In 2011 the current version was adopted. To refine it even more, the words Starbucks and Coffee have been completely removed, as has the black color. While preserving the company's legacy, the new logo allows more flexibility to think beyond coffee.
What do you think of the history of the Starbucks logo?
You can find more tips and tricks on the blog
Marketing October 21, 2020
- Reduce suppressors the performance of sniper rifles
- Who uses imperial units
- Being overweight is actually unhealthy
- How can customer service increase sales
- Will there be a recession in the US?
- How innovative is Instagram
- What scares you most of others?
- What kind of jobs will survive a recession
- What is the best religion for mankind
- Is dihydrocodeine an opioid or opiate
- What is a bodybuilding diet for men
- What does 1k
- How does freelance work for a programmer
- Is passion more important or your career
- Blog something good
- What makes light travel forever
- Are seedless grapes GMO
- What are the major Canadian holidays
- Which country has the longest life expectancy
- Why is a social media strategy important
- What percentage of people are happy?
- Why is psoriasis difficult to cure
- Why is solar energy renewable
- How do we get good grades
- Are INFJ narcissistic people
- What was your best experience in Japan
- What do you think about male chastity
- What are the dimensions of the lungs
- The prohibitions of discord are permanent
- Do players actually win
- Is it important to tell the truth
- How will Trump not be charged
- How can I get another number SMS?
- Deep learning is a great ability to have