Why is dark matter important in space
A dark matter
Planets orbit their sun and suns orbit the center of galaxies. According to the laws of physics, it would be expected that a celestial body would move more slowly the further away it is from the respective center.
However, observations and measurements have shown that the outer stars of our Milky Way, for example, move much faster than originally calculated.
An attempt to explain the astrophysicists is: Our galaxy consists of much more matter than that of the visible celestial bodies. This matter also exerts a force of attraction on the celestial bodies, so that they can move faster without losing their orbit.
This matter is not visible and has not yet been proven experimentally. It is also unclear what it is made of. Nevertheless, this so-called "dark matter" - so most scientists assume - must be present.
At first there was a suspicion that dark matter might be formed by neutrinos. These are elementary particles that have already been verified and scientists know a lot about them, but not one thing: whether they have mass. But even if they should have a mass, all the neutrinos in the world together could not represent the desired amount of dark matter.
The number of so-called brown dwarfs (stars that are too low in mass to set in motion a nuclear fusion like the one in our sun and therefore do not shine) is not sufficient to form the required amount of dark matter.
Is the matter you are looking for hiding in the form of small black holes that scientists have not yet identified? Or in the guise of still unknown elementary particles? These questions are still open.
Overall, dark matter is still a rather opaque chapter in cosmology. So far, the term dark matter has only been used as a cipher for something not known and not understood in the cosmos, but which is necessary to explain the origin and development of the universe according to previously known models and laws.
- Is there an order of precedence for R packets
- Indian eat meat
- Religion unites people
- What causes liver failure in dogs
- You can use edible oil as a lubricant
- Quiet people seem smarter
- What is the best telesales software SaaS
- Bullies know they are bullying people
- Entrepreneur, what was your first business ever
- Why should the government pay for education?
- Christmas is a popular holiday in Iraq
- Why do non-Americans hate Americans
- What negative personality trait do you admire
- What is 2 2 3 4
- Why is philosophical education so Eurocentric
- Michelle Obama graduated
- Are Japanese people in general nationalistic or patriotic?
- Deletes inactive Facebook accounts
- How does Expedia compensate its affiliates
- Which Scrabble words end with J.
- What is an ICICI FASTag account
- Is RPA part of artificial intelligence
- Why did you choose homeschooling?
- Why do people still use Facebook
- Where can I register for gigolo work
- What's your New Year's Eve story
- What is the fuel tank function
- Is my foot wound infected photo
- Can slow down the speed of light
- What is the best landing page software
- What are the biggest myths about sexuality