What if no SMS is sent
You can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Learn what to do if you get a warning when you send a message, or if you can't send or receive messages.
- Restart your device:
- Check the network connection. To be able to send a message as an iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular or WiFi connection. To send a text message, your device must be connected to a cellular network. If you enable the Wi-Fi calling option, you can send text messages over the Wi-Fi.
- Check with your wireless service provider to see if the type of message you want, such as MMS or SMS, is supported.
- To send group MMS messages on your iPhone, go to Settings> Messages and turn on MMS Messages. If you don't see the option to turn on MMS messages or send group messages on your iPhone, your wireless service provider may not support these features.
- Make sure your device has enough space to receive pictures and videos.
- Make sure you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
Learn what to do if you see the “Waiting for Activation” warning.
If you need further assistance, please select the problem below for troubleshooting instructions.
A red exclamation mark will appear
If next to a message a and the warning message "Undelivered" appears underneath, proceed as follows:
- Check the network connection.
- Tap and then click on "Try again".
- If you still can't send the message, tap and then on "Send as SMS message". SMS sending fees may apply. Contact your mobile operator for more information.
A green speech bubble will appear
If a green speech bubble is displayed instead of the blue one, the message was not sent via iMessage, but via MMS / SMS. There are several reasons for that:
- The recipient of your message does not have an Apple device.
- iMessage is disabled on your device or the recipient's device. Go to "Settings"> "Messages"> "iMessage" to see whether iMessage is activated on your device.
- iMessage is temporarily unavailable on your device or the recipient's device.
Find out the differences between iMessage and MMS / SMS.
Messages are received on one device but not on another
If you have another iOS device besides your iPhone (such as an iPad), iMessage may be set up to send and receive messages using your Apple ID rather than your phone number. To see if your phone number is sending and receiving messages, go to Settings> Messages, then tap Send & Receive.
If you don't see your phone number there, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so that you can send and receive iMessages using your phone number. You can also set up SMS forwarding so you can send and receive MMS and SMS messages on all of your Apple devices.
Group messaging issues
If you stopped getting messages in a group, see if you left the conversation. To do this, open the Messages app and tap the group message. If you see a message saying you left the conversation, you either left the conversation or you have been removed from the group. To participate again, a participant must add you back to the group.
To start a new group message:
- Open the Messages app and tap the Compose buttonto start a new message,
- Enter the phone numbers or email addresses of the contacts you want.
- Compose your message, then tap the Send button.
Other group messaging problems may be resolved by deleting the conversation in question and starting a new one. To delete a group message:
- Open the Messages app and find the conversation you want to delete.
- Swipe left on the conversation.
- Tap on "Delete".
A deleted message cannot be recovered. However, you can save parts of the message by taking a screenshot. To save an attachment from a message, place your finger on the attachment, tap More, then tap Save.
- Who was the Emperor Augustus
- What do the Singaporeans think of the Japanese
- How can I be a nudist
- Is Isaiah chapter 7 14 about Jesus
- What is the future of Facebook Marketing
- Who will colonize Mars
- Which is the strongest currency in Asia
- Can you describe yourself in a picture?
- What makes a physical research topic original
- Why do we study surgical research
- Which is better Python or C ++
- Why do Azerbaijanis hate Armenians
- What is your best trip
- What is a positively skewed distribution
- How do some people get morbidly obese
- What's the scariest game you've ever played
- Where can I find an unbiased political review
- What do we call a dollar sign
- Uses Quora deep learning
- What are some companies like Dalberg
- Are the UAE the first country in the world
- What does business marketing do at Quora
- Should you inhale cigars
- What is your opinion about the afterlife