Is bacon good on a keto diet
What is the ketogenic diet and how does it work?
Low-carb and high-fatThis is how you could sum up this nutritional concept. Carbohydrates are largely banned from the diet. In return, fatty foods such as cheese, cream and butter are allowed.
Ideally, the Proportions of food as follows:
- Carbohydrates 5%
- Proteins 35%
- Fats 60%
The lack of carbohydrates forces the body to change its metabolism and look for a new source of energy. To do this, he now taps into the fat reserves, which stimulates the burning of body fat. This type of energy production is called ketosis, which is what gives the diet its name.
Allowed foods in the ketogenic diet:
- fatty fish such as tuna or salmon
- Sausages and bacon
- Dairy products such as quark, whipped cream, butter or yogurt
- Nuts and seeds
- High quality fats and oils
- Vegetables, if they are not root vegetables such as tomatoes, lettuce, or mushrooms, because they grow above the ground.
- Special flours for baking such as almond or guar gum. Coconut flour, konjac flour (from the Japanese konjac root) and konjac noodles may also be included in the ketogenic diet.
- Beverages such as tea (without milk), water and coffee, if this is consumed with fat such as whipped cream or coconut oil.
Which foods are banned from the ketogenic diet?
The list of prohibited foods is considerable. Here are some examples:
- Carbohydrates like rice, pasta, bread, potatoes
- root vegetable
- all fruits with the exception of berries
- Ready meals
If you want to know exactly, you cannot avoid dealing in detail with the permitted and forbidden foods.
Benefits of the ketogenic diet
Those who strictly adhere to the permitted foods do not need to count calories. Experience has shown that the pounds drop with this diet.
who suffers from food cravings, can be happy with this diet. Because the high fat intake keeps the blood sugar level constant; the curbs the appetite in a natural way. Once the body has got used to getting its energy from fat, this has an effect positive on the ability to concentrate and the clear mind.
Ketogenic diet for diseases
The ketogenic diet can turn out to be positive on health impact, for example at
- Type 2 diabetes
- Metabolic disorders
- high blood pressure
- Cholesterol levels
A reduction in seizures was observed in epilepsy patients who followed a ketogenic diet.
In the case of inflammation, the diet can have a supportive effect through the greatly reduced sugar and carbohydrate intake, as improved inflammation values have shown in many places. However, it should be emphasized that this Diet for medical reasons only in consultation with the attending physician should be tackled.
Are there any known side effects?
Side effects such as:
- a headache
- Bad breath
- partial muscle cramps
However, these evaporate over time. If you want to avoid these side effects, you gradually change your diet so that the organism slowly gets used to the new eating regime.
Conclusion of the ketogenic diet
This is sure to be one interesting nutritional approach. It is precisely because the permitted fats are excellent flavor carriers that ketogenic dishes promise special treats.
Also seems to be proven that you can work with this Diet can actually lose weight. Whether it makes sense to impose such a radical form of nutrition remains to be seen. Especially since many years of experience show that you can also achieve your weight goals with a change in diet and sufficient exercise - and you can still maintain the desired weight.
Because as soon as you eat "normally" again, you risk the ketogenic diet as well notorious yo-yo effect.
It seems to be more sustainable to adopt a food philosophy that you can stick to over the long term.
On top of that, the ketogenic diet is mostly based on meat and fish consumption, what problematic in terms of ethics and sustainability is.
Even if this diet is associated with considerable restrictions, there is still an abundance of dishes that promise real enjoyment.
Rating: Ø 3.7 (62 votes)
- How much does a legal document cost
- What is the importance of e-commerce
- Is there racism in East Asia
- Share DNA between Jews and Arabs
- It is worth buying the MacBook Air 2017
- What does locust mean in the Bible
- What are some underrated cultural dishes
- What century is 2020
- Is sugar-free safe for a diabetic
- Why is the Quora Credits page missing
- Is Hillary Clinton sexist
- Why is the Bible moral
- What are the laws regarding trade unions?
- Where do the Malaysians come from
- What is the scope of social psychology
- What is the scope of a career in tourism
- How did your extramarital affair begin?
- What do coyotes eat
- Coughing makes a cough worse
- How powerful is the world breaker Hulk
- What are the benefits of red wine
- Why is the Facebook Ads platform so flawed
- Are men with strong jaws more attractive
- Which film has the most shocking climax