Has discord a discord
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Zwie | costume, Plural: (rarely) Zwie | trach | th
- IPA: [ˈT͡sviːtʁaxt]
- 1) Plural uncommon or rare: ongoing state of dispute due to disagreement
- from Middle High Germanzwitraht, derived from to wear two, "Split up, disagree"
- 1) Quarrel, quarrel, quarrel, quarrel
- 1) Concord, unity
Saying / idioms:
- 1) sow discord
- 1) there is Discord, in discord Life, discord donate
- Nominative: singular discord; Plural Discord
- Genitive: singular discord; Plural Discord
- Dative: singular discord; Plural Discord
- Accusative: singular discord; Plural Discord
- Chinese: 1) 不 和 (bùhé), 是非 (shìfēi), 纷争 (fēnzhēng)
- Danish: 1) uenighed
- English: 1) discord, dissension, conflict, disunion, disunity
- Esperanto: 1) malkonsento, malpaco
- French: 1) désunion, discorde, zizanie
- Italian: 1) discordia
- Bokmål: 1) splid (Male Female), uenighet (male)
- Nynorsk: 1) splid (male), usemje (Female)
- Polish: 1) niezgoda
- Portuguese: 1) insurreição
- Swedish: 1) tvedräkt (Utrum), oenighet(Utrum), split (neuter)
- Spanish: 1) discordia
- Hungarian: 1) viszály, viszálykodás, harag
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The government in Vienna intends to offer South Tyroleans Austrian citizenship. The Italian Foreign Ministry warns that the initiative could discord sow between countries.“
NZZ Online, September 8, 2018
„Despite weak concert attendance: The Oktoberfest Band Münchner discord let it crash in the "Merkurdrome" in Wolfratshausen.“
Mercury, July 02, 2019
„According to the British and Australian governments, Russia's military intelligence service GRU is behind a number of cyber attacks on Western institutions in recent years. The attacker got discord want to sow in the world.“
Welt.de, October 04, 2018
„The left takes care of discord in your own ranks: A party-internal guide for posing on election campaign photos shows positive and negative examples. Group leader Sahra Wagenknecht is not doing well.“
Spiegel Online, March 22, 2019
„Ironically for his refugee policy, the big one discord creates in Europe.“
n-tv.de, May 13, 2019
„Russian trolls are spreading falsehoods about the Covid-19 outbreak, according to the European External Action Service discord to sow and split.“
heise online, March 19, 2020
„The Lord Mayor of Nürtingen, Johannes Fridrich, accuses City Councilor Raimund Braun of discord to sow. There is no rest when it comes to the hot topic of the Hölderlinhaus.“
Stuttgarter Zeitung, February 5th, 2020
„An anonymous letter sows discord in an allotment garden: It's about illegal buildings. There is a fresh start in the physio practice, which was smeared with swastikas during a break-in.“
RuhrNachrichten.de, July 29, 2020
„On Twitter he wrote about a "parallel project" of Russia, which is in the ranks of the allies discord should sow.“
Sputnik Germany, June 25, 2020
„However, not only the SPÖ wants discord sow between the coalition negotiators.“
Krone.at, November 13, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Dissent: different view, opinion
- Strife: upscale: long-lasting, subliminally smoldering argument
- Disgruntlement (go)
- disagreement: no match on a particular question
Another word (synonym) for discord - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "discord":
Civil war: “Let's hear Gracchus Babeuf, who exclaimed in his famous speech after the massacre on the Field of Mars in Paris:“ You wicked ones, you scream that civil war must be prevented, one must not throw the torch of discord among the people
sintemal: ... the neck, sat happily on horseback and rode to my quarters. 1) For since zeal and quarrel and discord are among you, are you not carnal and walk in a human way? ...
eristic: = Dispute, discord Synonyms: 1) imprecise: illogical Opposite words: 1) correct, coherent Superordinate terms: 1) rhetorical Examples of use: 1) This is an eristic conclusion
Strife: ... like Hadubrand (cf. also the nhd. Name Hedwig). Related terms: 1) Dispute, discord, dispute Application examples: 1) For years the former opponents lived ...
concordance:… Synonyms: 1) Synopsis, index, register 3) Small Missal Opposite words: 2) Discordance 4) Discord Overarching terms: 1) Index 3) Font size, dimension 5)…
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Discord" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 19, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Zwietracht/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "discord" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Discord (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: (rarely) Zwie | trach | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Zwille (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular Zwille; Plural Zwillen Genitive: singular Zwille; ...
Twins (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Zwil | len Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʦvɪlən]…
twin (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular of twins; Plural the twins genitive: ...
Twins (German) Part of speech: noun, part of speech: proper noun Cases: nominative: singular -; Plural twins genitive: singular -; ...
Twins (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Zwil | lin | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈt͡svɪlɪŋən]…
twin (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Zwil | lings Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈt͡svɪlɪŋs]…
twin brother (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular twin brother; Majority of twin brothers ...
Twin brother (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Zwil | lings | bru | ders Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Twin brothers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Zwil | lings | brü | of pronunciation / stress: IPA:…
Twin brothers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Zwil | lings | Brü | dern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Twin river (German) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Cases: nominative: singular of the twin river; Majority of the twin rivers ...
- Which is the original football or soccer
- What is divine
- What century is 2020
- What is right about our society today
- Liberals ever become conservatives
- How many customers does Ahrefs have
- Is music the fifth dimension
- Is this sentence correct 6
- What kind of MBTI guy is Melania Trump
- What should never change in Islamabad Pakistan
- Why doesn't gravity decrease over time
- What is the hiring process in google
- Have you ever been an exhibitionist
- How do casinos make so much profit
- Can a non-Muslim marry a Muslim
- Can there be sex without love?
- Light influences the curvature of space-time
- Is it more important than luck to be useful?
- What are the examples of monopoly
- Why is nationalism on the rise
- What is sales prospecting
- Uses Tesla DC motors
- What are the nine symptoms of ADHD
- How good is R for data visualization