What food do dogs like
10 min 15
Bernese Mountain Dog nutrition
Robust, alert, talented in pulling a wagon as well as in driving animals and a versatile farm dog - that was the breeding goal for the Bernese Mountain Dog at the beginning of the twentieth century. He comes from the area around Bern in Switzerland, where his nickname "Dürrbächler" originates from an inn near Riggisberg in the canton of Bern. It is believed that St. Bernard, Newfoundland and German Shepherd types were crossed. The Bernese Mountain Dog weighs around 39 to 50 kilos (males) or 36 to 45 kilos (females) with a shoulder height of up to 70 centimeters. This means that the dogs belong to the physically strong, well-built breeds, which they like to show in their everyday tasks. They reach an age of 8 to 10 years, in some cases the animals get significantly older. The fur of the Bernese Mountain Dog is long, soft and smooth and has a black color with brownish-red and white markings. Because of the thick coat, they are troubled by hot weather. In cooler temperatures, on the other hand, they feel very comfortable. In addition to being used as a self-confident farm dog, the Bernese Mountain Dog complements every family in an enriching way due to its friendly, good-natured and people-related nature. His pronounced alertness without aggression and his ability to get along well with children round off this character. Only males can react indignantly to their peers, especially in their own territory. When dealing with people, the dog reacts absolutely calmly by observing calmly and only intervening when it is really necessary. Its stimulus threshold is accordingly extremely high. The Bernese Mountain Dog hardly has any hunting instinct, so that it does not tend to stray and after a good basic education, free-run is possible without any problems. This is important as it requires a lot of exercise and activity. He also has to see the point in commands and tasks that are given to him. In other words: a Bernese Mountain Dog can appear stubborn at times. The dog breed is not very suitable for activities that require agility and speed. However, it can be used excellently for dog work, rescue or tracking training as well as in areas where anticipatory obedience is required. The animals also feel very comfortable in the therapy area and as school dogs.
- Is the iPhone 5s a good phone
- Which websites offer free live streaming services?
- What was the best infantry in history
- Which pawn should you move first?
- How am I supposed to use $ 150
- How do Shopify and Alibaba work
- How do Americans see Chinese students
- Get paid to write answers
- What is the best exercise for general fitness
- Discord is only for gamers
- Are railroad jobs good for girls
- Need tips on lead nurturing
- What is a manipulator
- Why is gun control bad
- Can artists be better inventors?
- Is margin trading profitable
- What are B2B companies
- Flour goes bad
- Why is Australia a country
- Why are self-help books so popular
- What's the most creative use of IFTTT
- What percentage of people die each day
- Which websites are similar to Shopgate
- How can I brand myself on Facebook
- What is the future of e-commerce
- What's your favorite free app
- Calculators are allowed in SAT in India
- What were the Celtic symbols used for?
- How can I deal with depression
- Hispanic men meet black women
- Software developers need to master mathematics
- What last fantasy should I play?
- Why do Japanese stare at foreigners