What is a bodybuilding diet for men
This is how you burn fat like a bodybuilder without losing muscle
Hardly any other topic heats the minds of amateur athletes as much as this Fat loss. In view of the countless methods that can be found in the vastness of the Internet, a certain confusion is quite understandable, because each method claims for itself the status of being the egg-laying woolly milk pig of strength sports. Unfortunately, most of these techniques are not very effective. If you want to drive your fat loss really efficiently, you should orient yourself on the procedures of true masters of their trade. Accordingly, within the scope of this article, we would like to provide you with a guide that will help you achieve your goal with certainty.
How Bodybuilders Really Lose Fat
Serious competition diets, in which the aim is not only to lose fat effectively, but also to lose as little as possible of the hard-earned muscle mass in the course of this endeavor, are neither easy to plan nor easy to maintain in the long run. Accordingly, such a project requires detailed training and nutrition plans as well as the absolute will to persevere, even if this means that many amenities have to be foregone.
Below are some key aspects bodybuilders are looking for when trying to lose fat.
- All macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, fat) are precisely tailored to your own body weight so that the goal can be achieved with maximum efficiency.
- Bodybuilders drink at least one liter of water for every twenty kilograms of body weight per day.
- Protein consumption is kept high to prevent muscle breakdown.
- The intake of healthy omega 3 and 6 fatty acids ensure the balance in the hormone metabolism and also serve as an energy source.
- Carbohydrate intake is often practiced according to the concept of so-called carb cycling in order to keep the metabolism on its toes. - A diet must last for at least 12 to 16 weeks in order to achieve lasting results in a healthy way. - Nothing changes in strength training. It should be just as intense as in a bulk phase.
- Cardio training is used to additionally stimulate the metabolism and burn fat.
- Bodybuilders make sure to record their progress meticulously on a weekly basis in order to be able to react quickly to undesirable developments. - In the context of the diet, regeneration is particularly important, as the organism is already stressed by the shortage of energy supply.
- In fact, cheat meals are rarely used.
What You Can Do To Burn Fat Like a Bodybuilder
1. Make a plan: By far the most important aspect of fat loss is that you have a specific plan and that you don't just go ahead and take it easy. This behavior can easily lead to the fact that you absorb significantly more energy than you need, so that you torpedo your own success. Of course, it is not always easy for beginners to set up a plan, let alone stick to a plan permanently, but this is exactly the key to success. Realize that both muscle building and fat loss take time. Accordingly, you should take a close look at your eating habits and get rid of all debauchery. Start by building a meal structure so that you can learn to eat regularly. Incidentally, the usual regularity not only makes it easier for you to plan micronutrients, but also to make any necessary adjustments to the energy and nutrient distribution.
2. Keep your protein intake high: The second indispensable aspect, which helps you to lose as little muscle mass as possible while breaking down fat, is a constantly high protein consumption, as this prevents the body from attacking the protein structures of the skeletal muscles when necessary. In the field of strength sports, the consumption of at least 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight and day has proven to be a benchmark. In the case of very intensive training or an additional load from complementary sports, as many of us do, you can also increase your protein consumption to 2.5 grams per kilogram of body weight to be on the safe side. Of course, you will find it difficult to consume relatively large amounts of protein, especially at the beginning. This is easier to do if you add a little protein to each meal or use suitable protein supplements.
3. Support your training: While we're at diet supplements, it should be mentioned that not only can they help meet your total protein needs, but they can also support exercise performance. Not least because of this, bodybuilders have sworn by the supply of high-quality amino acids from whey protein after and sometimes before training for decades. The consumption of a so-called post-workout shake is particularly recommended after training, as the nutrients it contains quickly get into the blood and thus initiate the essential regeneration processes, which is particularly important when dieting. In practice, it is advisable to make a shake with around 0.5 grams of whey protein per kilogram of body weight.
4. Pay attention to your fat consumption: Just a few years ago, large parts of the fitness community believed that reducing fat consumption was the key to success. Today, however, we know that, especially in the course of a low-calorie diet, one should not save primarily on fat, since the organism needs this essential nutrient, among other things, to produce hormones and, more generally, to keep the organism metabolically balanced. In addition, the body tends to reduce fat loss as soon as too little fat is supplied from the outside. Accordingly, in the course of your diet planning, you should make sure that you consume at least one gram of fat per kilogram of body weight per day. Of course, it should be largely healthy omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
5. The quality of the carbohydrates counts: It is obvious that the focus of a diet is on carbohydrates, as they are used very variably in view of the fixed protein and fat intake. Consequently, you should make sure that the carbohydrates you consume are as complex as possible, which in turn means that you have to largely avoid refined sugar and white flour products. Whole grain products, vegetables, potatoes or brown rice serve as sources for complex carbohydrates. The complex long-chain carbohydrates guarantee that your blood sugar level remains stable, so that the risk of hunger pangs is significantly reduced, while your energy level also proves to be constant.
6. Use the principle of carb cycling: We all know how difficult it is sometimes to cut off carbohydrates. We humans are simply too focused on this source of energy to be able to consistently say no to a plate of rice or wholemeal pasta. Some sports scientists, in collaboration with bodybuilders, have found a solution to this problem, known as carb cycling. Carb cycling describes the variation in carbohydrate intake from day to day, so that, for example, you consume significantly more carbohydrates on a training day than on a rest day. In practice, this means that you consume, for example, 2 grams of carbohydrates per kilogram of body weight on one training day and reduce your consumption to 1 gram the following day. The positive side effect is that the organism cannot get used to a certain energy supply, which also keeps the metabolism on its toes and prevents energetic adaptation reactions.
7. Handle cheat meals responsibly: Just because it is called a cheat meal does not mean that this is a free ticket to overeat, because as part of such an action it can easily happen that you destroy the success of several days. A cheat meal that you can indulge in once a week shouldn't go beyond the scope of your energy balance. So you can have a burger with fries and barbecue sauce, as long as you adjust the rest of your diet to it so that your energy balance is largely preserved.
8. Be disciplined: The last but no less important aspect that helps bodybuilders to be successful is their discipline, which ensures that they can pull through the tough training and nutrition program for a long time. In order to always stay motivated, you should set yourself small intermediate goals on the way to the big goal, because it is much more motivating to see how you slowly lose gram for gram or centimeter by centimeter than to wait for you to hit yourself turned into a hunk. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day either. Stay tuned and you can do it too.
Exemplary Diet Plan For Fat Loss
The following is an exemplary nutrition plan for a strength athlete who weighs around 100 kilograms and wants to lose his body fat according to the principles of bodybuilding. It is obvious that you should use the concept of the low carb day on non-training days and that of the high carb day on training days.
High carb day
Meal 1: 50 grams of oatmeal, 2 teaspoons of peanut butter, 2 whole eggs, 5 egg whites Meal 2: 200 grams of turkey / fish with lettuce, 2 teaspoons of oil-based salad dressing, 75 grams of cooked whole grain rice, 30 grams of nuts Pre-workout: 1 apple, 40 grams of whey protein post-workout: 1 apple, 40 grams of whey protein Meal 3: 200 grams of turkey / fish, 100 grams of sweet potatoes, 200 grams of green vegetables
Low carb day
Meal 1: 30 grams of oatmeal, 2 teaspoons of peanut butter, 2 whole eggs, 5 egg whites Meal 2: 200 grams of turkey / fish with lettuce, 2 teaspoons of oil-based salad dressing, 50 grams of cooked whole grain rice, 30 grams of nuts Pre-workout: ½ apple, 40 grams of whey protein post-workout: ½ apple, 40 grams of whey protein Meal 3: 200 grams of turkey meat / fish, 200 grams of green vegetables
- What has life taught you over time
- Is China developed or developed
- What are some girl names
- What are all in a desktop computer
- How will Quora recognize top writers
- What are healthy pre-workouts
- Are you superstitious
- What is the best store-bought biscuit
- Has anyone ever asked you about sex?
- How do I scale my SaaS subscriptions
- Where is downtown NYC
- What is the most philosophical one-word question
- Can two intelligent parents produce stupid children?
- What are the most frequently asked Java questions
- What is worse anorexia or obesity
- How does a web server work
- What is VPS hosting
- Can join retired military personnel in the National Guard
- Who was the worst writer in history
- What ammunition does a Colt 45 use
- What are the colors of the president
- Bad circumstances show our true character
- Prefer Xbox or PlayStation
- What is the meaning of life 66