Wouldn't it be super dangerous to terraform Mars
How would the sudden destruction of the earth affect other planets in the solar system?
Where the moon would go is obvious and will be answered by others - interesting is how will human colonies deal with the consequences?
Where debris would fly depends on the energy and direction of the fatal blow.
- With enough energy, rubble would be fly over the entire inner solar system - and the moon will continue near the earth's orbit (which will also be the path of most of the earth's debris) after the first impact. Such debris is a threat to Mars and the Moon (and other asteroid mines), but not to Pluto.
- With less energy debris fly near the original earth orbit, and with little energy the moon could orbit remnants of the earth and debris would be less dangerous to Mars.
Much of the Debris could build up again on the new earth - it will not be habitable for millions of years, but at least other human colonies would be safe from rubble. If not, we have a new (inner) asteroid belt - some chunks could cool down in a few hundred thousand years to be useful for mining resources like metals. Good source of iron already orbiting - and we are going to need it.
The absence of Earth will not have a major impact on the other planets - the sun's gravity makes the rules.
What Have an impact would be flying debris. The bombardment of human colonies on Mars, and especially the moon, by remains of the earth would be a great danger for centuries. The moon would likely have the most colonies on the earth side - and they would be badly affected by the original explosion.
What about other human colonies?
The survival of the other human colonies would depend on how independent their ecologies are. I suppose it will be quite difficult to grow all food, but food production would obviously have the highest priority. The quality of life on Mars would decrease significantly - but it is better to fight than to be dead. If the moon was just a tourist trap, most or all of the population would starve to death quickly.
Pluto is ready for it must be independent (anyone with nuclear hydroponics?) - so Pluto will most likely survive even if Mars couldn't survive the debris bombardment and damage to its ecology. Any rogue remnants from Earth will take a long time to get to Pluto, and their trajectory could easily be changed to less dangerous. Perhaps it is Pluto who is repopulating the solar system.
If debris formed another asteroid belt, survivors from Pluto and Mars would have an excellent mining base from which to build interstellar spaceships.
Terraforming Mars is a fool thing in my opinion, Mars would lose a new atmosphere for exactly the same reasons it lost old ones, especially with the extremely limited resources on Mars. Of course, it depends on the risk of debris bombing and how close the terraforming is to finishing. If some pieces of frozen earth can safely fall onto Mars, that could Destroying the earth will even accelerate the terraforming of Mars - not sure what plans OP have, it depends on the plot.
Possibly scarce resources on Mars should be better for the construction of underground cities on Mars (protection from bombing of debris) and the Development of interstellar travel .
The most important thing will be to locate some asteroids and move them towards other solar systems: Whatever destroys the earth can return and destroy the rest of the human colonies. You definitely want to out there . This solar system is doomed, dude.
- Cent and mint which is better
- Should I become a male escort?
- Why is underage driving illegal?
- What is beauty 1
- Where is the location of the 886 area code
- How are gravitational waves recorded
- Will energy be cheaper or more expensive?
- How smart are you, prove it
- What's another site like Zendesk
- What is a good affordable vacuum cleaner
- How is a vacuum created
- How do I trade currencies and crypto currencies
- I could buy $ 5 bitcoin
- How do I eliminate clickbait on Facebook
- Which is better Bluehost or Siteground 1
- What is screaming I'm from Singapore
- What is really pagan is pagan Hinduism
- How does motivation affect behavior?
- What is general science
- Why should homework be banned 3
- What are the best binary options webinars
- What do diabetics eat for breakfast
- Why are data scientists fired
- Asiana Airlines is a low cost airline