American society is deteriorating
USA - history, economy, society
Prof. Dr. Jörg Nagler was a research fellow at the German Historical Institute in Washington, D.C., director of the Kennedy House in Kiel and has been teaching North American history at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena since 1999. His work focuses on the social and political history of the USA in the 19th and 20th centuries, war and society in the USA, history of immigration, German-American cultural transfer and African-American history.
In 2010 about 37 million Americans were born abroad, which corresponds to approximately 13 percent of the total population. Since the census survey of 1990, the proportion of immigrants in the total population has risen by more than 50 percent. Over 40 percent of all foreign-born US citizens have immigrated to the United States since 1990. Within this group, over 41 percent come from Latin America and about 37 percent from Asia.
The ethnic composition of the population has also changed over the decades. In the 1950 census, the proportion of Afro-Americans was around ten percent; in 2010, their share was estimated at around 39 million and thus around 12.2 percent of the total population.
According to demographic projections, the white proportion of the population will shrink from approx. 63 percent in 2012 to 43 percent in 2060. During the same period, the black population will decrease from 13 to 15 percent and the Asian population from 5.1 to approx. 8.2 percent to grow. The largest increase will be in the Hispanic American population: in 2012, their share was 17 percent, which corresponds to around 50 million people. In 2060, they are expected to make up 31 percent of the total population.
- Was Ariana Dumbledore an obscurialist
- What is a good affordable vacuum cleaner
- What is illegal to sell on eBay
- How employable is Brock Turner
- How to convert cm to feet
- Is the space a part of nature?
- What is gangstalking
- Why is spiritual awakening so painful
- When will Rajinikanth enter politics
- What survives in a black hole
- What role will AI play in education?
- Are all always happy
- Who are Myanmar's allies
- Is Google Afraid of Quora
- What do western people think of Malaysia?
- What is PPL in digital marketing
- What muscles do tire flips exercise
- What are the easiest freelance niches
- What are the benefits of B2B marketing
- What is taboola
- What are some examples of superficial scholarship
- How can product marketing increase sales
- What was the Hull House built for
- How subjective are diagnoses of autism?