Open coffin burials are common
Burial - procedure and costs at a glance
What is a burial?
Burial is the most traditional type of burial. The body is buried in a coffin in the ground. In Germany, this type of burial can only be carried out in a cemetery. A funeral service is just as possible as a silent funeral. In Islam and Judaism, burial is the only possible type of burial.
Cemetery compulsory in Germany
In Germany there is compulsory cemetery. Thus, the burial of the coffin is only possible in a cemetery. For some forms of cremation, there are exceptions to the cemetery obligation, such as sea or tree burials. There are no exceptions to burial in the ground. In Germany, a burial can be carried out 48 hours after death at the earliest. In addition, there is a mandatory coffin. This means that the burial takes place in a coffin. An exception is the Muslim burial, which provides for burial in white linen cloths.
Saying goodbye to the open coffin
Usually the coffin is laid out in the funeral hall during an earth burial so that the relatives can say goodbye to the deceased one last time. It is quite common for the coffin to be open so that relatives can see the deceased one more time. For the preparation of the corpse at an earth burial, an experienced thanatopractor is required, who guarantees an aesthetically and hygienically perfect laying out of a deceased. At burial, the deceased can wear their own clothes. Only shoes and belts are not allowed in many cemeteries.
Carrying the coffin to the grave
After the funeral service, the coffin is carried to the grave in the funeral hall, usually by employees of the cemetery. Then he is let into the grave site intended for the deceased, and the relatives can say goodbye one last time. Since the coffin is clearly visible to all mourners, the choice of the coffin is an important decision. The chosen undertaker can inform and advise the bereaved about the available range of coffins. After the burial, the grave site will be given a public sign.
Possibility of an anonymous burial
Anonymous burial is also possible in some cemeteries. In this form of burial, the burial takes place in a communal grave. The coffin is buried in a designated anonymous place and is not individually marked with a tombstone or memorial stone. In some cemeteries there are also anonymous individual grave sites. There the relatives have the opportunity to close the area with an unlabeled stone slab.
The costs for a classic burial in the coffin can be very different. The differences depend not only on the services included in the funeral, but also on the region in which the funeral takes place. In addition, the choice of coffin or tombstone can cause large price differences. In addition, there are the cemetery fees, which are different in each cemetery. Because of the higher cemetery fees for the larger coffin graves, burials tend to be more expensive than cremations.
Prices for a burial in your city
Few people protect themselves from funeral costs with death benefit insurance or funeral provisions, and so the extent of the burial is often a question of cost. By comparing different undertakers, it is possible to reconcile an inexpensive and at the same time dignified burial.
The average prices of the funeral itself can be found in the table or you can find it specifically on Bestattungsvergleich.de and compare it with other undertakers in your area or across Germany.
|Burial||lowest price||Highest price|
|Germany||699 €||5450 €|
|Berlin||750 €||5450 €|
|Hamburg||999 €||4360 €|
|Munich||1185 €||3851 €|
|Cologne||699 €||3851 €|
|Dresden||1160 €||3851 €|
- Removes sea salt negative energy
- Where can I register for gigolo work
- What is the best domain registration service
- What is the best FAQ plugin for WordPress
- How do I get a data analysis
- Is it worth playing Final Fantasy XIII
- Which countries were the Allies in World War II
- Expertise is required to come up with an idea
- Why is cleaning important to us
- How often do lizards get split tails?
- Why is unemployment an economic problem?
- How can I work in an embassy?
- Are Japanese people in general nationalistic or patriotic?
- What was the ball tampering incident
- Why do you love your spouse
- Which country has the easiest immigration standards
- People with low IQ have bad logic
- Do real investing apps like Wealthfront work?
- How did Quora affect you
- How do I increase B2B online sales
- What are harem
- How does sodium smell
- Why is it bad to be materialistic?
- What are some unknown life hacks
- What does Zannen mean in Japanese?
- What is outsourcing used for?
- Sells original Amazon products
- Is Northumbria University good for international students
- Should the US allow Mexican immigration?
- Does bubble tea really contain tea
- Why are robotic vacuums round
- What is WhatsApp Plus
- How can a person change his nature