What about geometry
Geometry - Perception and Concepts pp 1-5 | Cite as
- Jost-Hinrich Eschenburg
This introductory chapter has more of a philosophical, more precisely a metamathematic character: It does not do mathematics, but talks about mathematics. We try to work out what “the geometry” actually is, given the many “geometries” that will be discussed in our book, how we obtain geometrical knowledge and what area of application they have. It is also about the second part of our title, point of view and terms. Where are they located and how do they relate to each other? In particular, we talk about the importance of axiomatics, which has been the starting point of all mathematical considerations since the beginning of the 20th century, and we explain why today we no longer see the need for our own axiomatic foundation of geometry.
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.Institute for MathematicsUniversity AugsburgAugsburgGermany
- How is money made with prisoners
- Dance better than jog
- How can you teach someone to empathize?
- What does pre-hire from USPS mean
- The universe won't stop expanding
- Did it snow in Perth Australia
- What is network topology with example
- What is Walmart
- What other countries are dominated by Malaysia
- Likes South Korea India
- Which HR skills are most in demand
- What is 3 5 3 5 3
- Feel constantly sleepy while studying
- What does an airport scanner see
- How are streets named in the USA?
- What are the main disadvantages of government agencies
- How long are US bank account numbers
- How many American women are overweight
- Is Korea a 3rd world country
- Why is Yahoo Answers full of racists
- Are there Singaporeans who support Trump
- Is there a nude resort in Thailand
- Why are thin, fat people bullied?
- What are the best stock illustration websites